Santiago to Buenos Aires Cruise

calenita

Is it best to have an aft or port cabin for a cruise from Santiago to Buenos Aires? Balcony a must? Thanks all.

I'm doing the same cruise soon, and from what I've learned a balcony is a must... when leaving from Santiago you will want a Port side room, and I also understand to try and stay mid ship. Have a great cruise!

calenita, aft is the rear of the ship. I think you meant starboard side.

How much you will use the balcony depends on each person. We found that we used the balcony to some extent (on one cruise Seabourn Pride we didn't have a balcony) but that we spent a good deal of time on the open deck and also in an areas with very large windows so we could easily see all around the ship.

Yes the port side might be a preference.

For us the preference was being mid ship because some of the seas can be rough and we fell being more mid ship is a good idea.

It's a wonderful cruise.

Keith

You'll spend more time on the open decks and panoramic windows. From Puerto Montt to Cape Horn the views are all around. You'll miss quite a bit just looking out your balcony, still, the port side might be slightly better for you. Cruising the Atlantic side you'll probably be too far out at sea to make any difference.

I´ve cruised around the horn 3 or 4 times. I don´t believe a balcony will be of much use as the weather/winds will likely be a bit nippy. I don´t recall the view of shore dictating port or starboard as land was seldom in sight.

Getting a non-balcony midship is probably the best advice.

Definately the port side. We were lucky enough to be on the aft (back) of the ship and could see both sides through the fiords. A balcony is always great if the price is OK with you....you will have hot days, mild days and windy days. Midship is the best because you will be rocking and rolling and midship is the smoothest...unless you are on the aft. We had a lot of rocking on the Pacific side and it was smooth on the Atlantic side....just the luck of the draw. Take low heel shoes!

Archived