RC pricing in the UK

It is perfectly reasonable for RCCL to require a deposit and impose penalties for cancellation/changes.

What is amazing is the flexibility allowed to US custromers - if that is true - no deposit, price reductions etc. An encouragement to do what they like. Somebody has to pay for this freedom. If not US customers, who?

US customers do pay a deposit but it is refundable - which is sort of a non deposit really if you don't stand to lose it. The differences between UK and US deposits are legal, cultural and market forces. I believe the UK deposit relates to a 'contract' in Common Law, but I'm sure that if competition in UK was stronger and refundable deposits were offered elsewhere then we would probably find RCI offering them here too.

Ken

Carhirer ..... it is reasonable for RCI and other cruise companies to require a deposit, i may be wrong on the paying of a deposit for USA customers but i know that should they cancel having held the Best cabins for anytime upto 90 days out that they do not lose their deposit and they also get price drops that UK cruisers do not get!

Cancel in the UK at a given time and you lose your deposit which has been increased by RCI! .... how can it be fair ? for a person in the USA to hold a cabin for say 12 months and 90 days before the cruise decide they no longer want to go ?? ...:confused: having also been oofered price drops.

I imagine that they do this because of the laws in each country and what those laws allow. Or they do it because their competitors do this. I doubt it is RCI going how can we treat UK customers badly?:D Of course, paranoia... is sometimes real, but usually not.;)

Spongey, why this thread? To cause a stir, or because you are thinking of moving to England? Inquiring minds and all.;)

jc

Archived