Confused about Early Saver Terms (Probably a Stupid Question)

hazeleyez3

I have read the terms over a few times and feel that I must be missing something. If you book at the ES rate the deposit is non-refundable; however, Carnival will match any lower price you find (as long as you submit the claims form)...and that there is no limit to how many price drops you get. I didn't read any stipulations saying it must be on Carnival's website, so can you actually submit lower fares that websites and land-based TAs offer? It just seems to be a bit odd (or maybe too good to be true) so I am trying to find out what the "catch" is.

It has to be Carnival advertised. From the FAQ's:

What is the price protection assurance feature?

If, after booking, you find a lower Carnival advertised fare, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: i) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests; ii) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate; and iii) a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/EarlySaver.aspx

As a practical matter TAs are not allowed to advertise a fare lower than offered by Carnival, so if you find an advertised fare it is going to be matchable. I have never found an advertised fare at any OL web site or in the newspaper that is lower than that offered on Carnival.com

I have read the terms over a few times and feel that I must be missing something. If you book at the ES rate the deposit is non-refundable; however, Carnival will match any lower price you find (as long as you submit the claims form)...and that there is no limit to how many price drops you get. I didn't read any stipulations saying it must be on Carnival's website, so can you actually submit lower fares that websites and land-based TAs offer? It just seems to be a bit odd (or maybe too good to be true) so I am trying to find out what the "catch" is.

What it is saying is the lower rate you found MUST be a Carnival-published rate. It's immaterial where you find that rate.

It will NOT honor any sort of discounting or other promotions offered by travel agents.......

Basically, check their website....if the rate you booked, for YOUR category cabin on YOUR sailings dates is lower on Carnival's website, you can apply for the reduction.

You can, of course, check travel agent sites for the same fares but, if that agency is offering any sort of promotional rate, Carnival won't honor it.

As a practical matter TAs are not allowed to advertise a fare lower than offered by Carnival, so if you find an advertised fare it is going to be matchable. I have never found an advertised fare at any OL web site or in the newspaper that is lower than that offered on Carnival.com

What you are saying is basically true, but ESA can't be put into a group rate that could be less than the regular price or get the group benefits even if the price is the same.

That's what we were told last week when we were going to transfer our booking to a TA. The price was going to be the same, but the group amenities wouldn't apply because we couldn't be added to a group when booked with ESA.

The Terms and conditions clearly state that the price match has to be for a Carnival-advertised price.

also the price match has to be for exact same cruise, ship cabin category and ## of passengers..

ken

What you are saying is basically true, but ESA can't be put into a group rate that could be less than the regular price or get the group benefits even if the price is the same.

That's what we were told last week when we were going to transfer our booking to a TA. The price was going to be the same, but the group amenities wouldn't apply because we couldn't be added to a group when booked with ESA.

So, what they said IS TRUE, because the TAs are not allowed to advertise a group rate. They have to email it to you or give it to you on the phone. Even on CC, the group rates are not on the main board for the same reason.

TAs are not allowed to advertise lower rates than Carnival. (including group rates). The poster who said for practical purposes, its the rates you see on all sites was correct, as other TA sites will have the same rates as Carnival's site.

You have to watch online TA rates too. There was one who was advertising the conquest for like 419, this was right before ES came out. We called and it is for a 1A, it was basically a room with two beds that pulled out of the wall like pullmans, but bunks. We decided it was not the best option for us. Nowhere on the website did it say it was a 1A, so a lot of time you have to do a little research on if it is really a comparable rate, or if it is one of those rates to try to draw you in.

Archived