transportation from POM to Miami airport

Just wanted to put this out there even though I already probably know the answer...is my only option to travel after cruise from port to Miami airport a cab?

Does there happen to be a shuttle

any idea how much a taxi will be??

thanks.

thanks...there is two of us so i guess we will cab it..there must be tons of taxis waiting....

Yes...When we have sailed from Miami the taxi line has been shorter than the shuttle line. Taxis are plentiful.

Stick with the taxi. MIA airport to POM port is $24 flat rate. That flat rate only applies between the port and an airport terminal. Airport hotels don't count. Keep an eye on the meter. If the cabbie clicks the meter, remind him/her of the flat rate. You could end up with a tour of south Florida.

• 4 years later...
This is an old thread, so I'm just wondering if the flat rate for a taxi from POM to MIA is still the same cost? and are there still plenty of taxis waiting at the port?

I think the taxi fare from airport to cruiseport or reverse is now $28.

This is an old thread, so I'm just wondering if the flat rate for a taxi from POM to MIA is still the same cost? and are there still plenty of taxis waiting at the port?

Just took a taxi Sunday from POM to MIA airport and it was still $24. We had to wait about 5 minutes for a taxi once we got to the front of the line since I guess the queue was used up. (Had 4 ships in port with us) This was about 830 am.

Thanks for the replies! Looks like a taxi is what we will use.

It was very easy when we did this a couple years ago. Our driver was even kind enough to stop and let us pick up some soda at a Walgreens. We will do a taxi again in Feb. Please come back and let us know if the rates have risen. Thanks!

Yep, a taxi is the way to go. We also just got back Sunday and the flat rate from the port to the airport was $24 or $25. Like CheapieD mentioned there were 4 other ships in port, but at about 9:30 we just walked out and didn't have a wait at all.

Back a few years ago before the new terminal it was a zoo trying to catch a cab, but now it is very well organized.

John

just came went down to fll on 11/08, used JR Shuttles, called them ahead of time, had a group of 12. it cost us $9 a person and they stopped by walgreen on the way to port. when we got back on 11/17 it cost $6 per person to mia, we had to wait only a few minutes once i called them to pick us up. very nice service.

The last time we came into POM we intended to take a cab, but a shuttle driver had a couple of seats left and offered them to us for $5.00 per person. We jumped at the chance. The others in the shuttle who paid more were not happy, and whined all the way to the airport.