Why Bring Your Own Booze?

I miss the days of paying the upcharge and being able to take the bottle back to the room. I wonder if the cruise line would be upset if hubby dashed off the balcony in his robe and up to the schooner bar? We were on the Serendade with about 300 other Diamond/Diamond Pluss cruisers in May. The CL, in the Vortex, was open but not providing free drinks on two of the nights of our sailing. It was amazing how empty the lounge was. We enjoyed the lounge both nights with the same amount of drinks that we had on the other nights. Hubby wants his drink and sometimes two after we go back to the cabin. It is a pain in the behind to have to go to a bar or order room service and wait. I don't understand why you can still order the wine package and take the bottle back to your cabin with you from dinner or a bar. It will be interesting to see how things play out after 9/1. I also find it interesting how many drinks will be served to someone staying late in the bars.

Here is what I am referring to...

I don't think anyone understand the question.

Maybe has something to do with the new CL rules. After Sept 1 only D+ members in addition to suite guest will be allowed in the CL. Freedom and Oasis Class ships have Diamond lounges.

This is all in reference to Happy Hour (i.e., Free Booze) that Diamond members will lose. The compromise is a nightly event with reduced price drinks in addition to free (house) wine and champagne.

Maybe has something to do with the new CL rules. After Sept 1 only D+ members in addition to suite guest will be allowed in the CL. Freedom and Oasis Class ships have Diamond lounges.

This is all in reference to Happy Hour (i.e., Free Booze) that Diamond members will lose. The compromise is a nightly event with reduced price drinks in addition to free (house) wine and champagne.

Thanks for the quick reply mjyanne:)

Ah, that makes sense...thanks!

Mostly because we like to have a couple of drinks in our cabin and on our balcony.

We purchase *many* drinks on the ship!

Same here-- it's more for convenience. We like to enjoy a cocktail in our cabin or on our balcony while we get ready for dinner. We still run up a pretty large bar tab, so it's not as though the ship doesn't profit from us.

Archived