Ruby---Mid ship Caribe or Aft Riviera??

Murphey

We have a mid ship (Caribe)booked, but the aft of Riviera deck just came open. I am very familiar with all the other aft balconies, but not these. (yes I did a search), but would like any personal opinions?? I normally grab aft balconies in a heart beat, but I would like some personal opinions if I could. From the posts I have read, it doesn't look like the balconies are quite as big as the caribe afts.... Anyone??? Thank you....

We have a mid ship (Caribe)booked, but the aft of Riviera deck just came open. I am very familiar with all the other aft balconies, but not these. (yes I did a search), but would like any personal opinions?? I normally grab aft balconies in a heart beat, but I would like some personal opinions if I could. From the posts I have read, it doesn't look like the balconies are quite as big as the caribe afts.... Anyone??? Thank you....

Caribe definitely has the biggest balconies. We have an aft balcony there this year for the first time.

But our previous two cruises were aft Riviera, just steps from the adult pool, and we loved these cabins.

Caribe balconies are 9' x 9' as opposed to Riviera at 9' x 5'.

Janette

Personally, I would go with the mid-ships Caribe balcony, both because it's larger and half covered/half uncovered. Plus, there are the issues with the "dreaded vent" and the "dreaded beam" in the aft cabins.

You might want to take a look at this thread to help you decide:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=669323&highlight=vent

But, whichever you choose, the Ruby is a beautiful ship, and I have no doubt that you'll have a wonderful time.

Happy cruising! :D

Thanks for your input....

toberman...did you have any issues with noise from the doors going our to the pool??

Not at all. And we were the last cabin. Never had a problem with noise from vents or anything else.

Janette

Are you talking about aft as in at the rear of the ship facing back? We had aft cabins on the Crown, but they were actually on the side of the ship, not rear. The Ruby has actual 'aft' (rear facing) cabins. We wouldn't know about these, but keep in mind you will only be able to see where you've been, not where you're going. We like to be able to look out as we're coming into port to see the sights. Location in any event is excellent - close to the adult pool, and buffet.

I guess it's - do want to see where you're going, or see where you've been? Regardless, the location is excellent. Friends from TX were with us last year and "had" to have an rear facing balcony on the Crown (it just wasn't on this deck). Say they love the solidtude.

Yes, I am talking about the 4 rear facing balcony cabins on the Riviera Deck!

I have been on the Ruby and was curious about the aft cabins on Riviera Deck. I stood by the aft pool and I could look down onto the balconies. I'm not sure if they were R748 and R749, but they were the closest to the center. The only problem I see may be privacy.

Archived