I heard from a recent cruise passenger and coworker that a large number of the passengers on AOS Southern Caribbean itinerary were "extremely loud, rude, yelling across the halls late at night" and various other comments. This passenger stated that when she complained she was told that the AOS is "marketed in various geographic areas that attract a diverse crowd". What on earth does this mean ? I don't care where fellow passengers live but do want a family oriented cruise and want to be able to sleep and sit by the pool in peace? We are booked for next easter to visit Aruba-Curaco-Dominica-St Thomas. Is there reason to worry? Thanks for your help.:confused:

I heard from a recent cruise passenger and coworker that a large number of the passengers on AOS Southern Caribbean itinerary were "extremely loud, rude, yelling across the halls late at night" and various other comments. This passenger stated that when she complained she was told that the AOS is "marketed in various geographic areas that attract a diverse crowd". What on earth does this mean ? I don't care where fellow passengers live but do want a family oriented cruise and want to be able to sleep and sit by the pool in peace? We are booked for next easter to visit Aruba-Curaco-Dominica-St Thomas. Is there reason to worry? Thanks for your help.:confused:

Are you going on the April 4th sailing? We will be on that too as it is our kids Spring Break. Come join our roll call if you are!

Maybe there were just a higher than normal amount of kids on the ship the week your friend sailed? I sure hope it's not like that when we sail, but I'll bring ear plugs for the family just in case!

Each sailing varies, depending on the folks who've booked....you can't make generalizations based on one sailing!

Don't worry about what HAS happened...just go with the flow! Everything will be alright!

By the way--there's is no "peace" at the pool--if you want less noise, go up a deck or two...few people, and no noise, except the wind! If you HAVE to be right next to the pool, be prepared for alot of bodies and noise! It's that way on EVERY cruise!

No problem on our AOS cruise. Met some of the nicest people on that cruise. I would do the trip again if it didn't cost so much to fly to San Juan. Other than this, great ship, great food, good ports, good friends.

Each sailing varies, depending on the folks who've booked....you can't make generalizations based on one sailing!

Don't worry about what HAS happened...just go with the flow! Everything will be alright!

By the way--there's is no "peace" at the pool--if you want less noise, go up a deck or two...few people, and no noise, except the wind! If you HAVE to be right next to the pool, be prepared for alot of bodies and noise! It's that way on EVERY cruise!

Excellent post CB - I couldn't have said it better myself :D;)

Before my spring break cruise last year I kept on reading all the negative comments and was concerned. I went anyway and didn't encounter any problems at all.

You make what you want of your cruise. Don't let anyone's negative time influence you.

Go and enjoy.

Denise

Just returned from the AOS in March......we needed to go during spring break but we don't have children. We picked the AOS thinking there may not be as many children because of the distance.

We too had heard all the "generalizations" made about this ship.

This was our 3rd San Juan sailing. I did not encounter any large groups or unusual noise.

It was announced on day one that because of Spring break there was 800 children on board. My heart sank........each time I wouls see a child I would go theres 1 of 800, 2 of 800 etc.....I gave up after about 10. I can't tell you where those 800 kids were but only once did we encounter a large group and that was a port day about 3pm a bunch was back in the area behind the buffet......maybe 30 or so.

Never was the pool a problem.

They did not give us a breakdown of age so maybe many where 16-21...but we also had late seating so I'm guessing they were mostly at the early seating and thats why we didn't run into them.

Great trip, great ship.......go and have a great time, you may want to pick late dining.

We'll have our 2 kids on the April 4 sailing and they make a lot of noise - at least around the house they do! Actually, they are pretty good kids - they love the pool so they will probably make some noise, but nothing in the hallways (because I will beat it into their heads that that is not the place to yell and scream!):rolleyes: We have MTD because early seating is too early and late seating is too late! It'll be the kids first cruise, so I know they will be overly excited - just as I was on my first cruise! I can't wait!!:D

Archived