Looking for nice hotel fll help!!

ckr31

We will be departing out of FLL on march 12th 2010.I need a nice hotel that has airport transportation,restaurants and stores in the area,and maybe transportation to the pier(however not important we can take a cab)

Great Prices, I agree Hampton Inn Plantation or Laquinta Inn.

Hampton had the best shuttle service ever, great restaurants, a little ways out but we would stay there again, it was great!( 15-20 min. ride from airport and to port.) Great hotel and staff!

Laquinta gets great reviews and prices are great too!

More expensive I would go with the Embassy Suites on 17th. We loved our stay there. They did not have a shuttle service when we stayed there.

Good Luck!!

Thanks for your reply's.if anyone has a nice hotel with that even may be a little far out I don't mind paying like $25 for a taxi to the pier.some of the hotels near the pier seem like it could be just a little congested.God knows I would rather pay the extra cash and take a taxi then deal with all the people

Thanks for your reply's.if anyone has a nice hotel with that even may be a little far out I don't mind paying like $25 for a taxi to the pier.some of the hotels near the pier seem like it could be just a little congested.God knows I would rather pay the extra cash and take a taxi then deal with all the people

You don't want to stay too far out, because cab fare is high in Fort Lauderdale. It will cost you $25 from many airport area hotels to the pier, and the airport is only 2 miles from the port entrance. I don't think the hotels will be congested, but the check in/out lines might be.

Hyatt Place is where I stay in FLL, stayed here 3 times in the last year, I like the airport pick up and the drop off at the pier the day of the cruise. Continental breakfast, cereal, fresh fruit, bagels, Starbucks coffee. It was sufficient to start off our day., and the free internet/computer stations to check email etc before our cruise.

Publix behind us , good for last minute pick up of soda /wine/etc/suntan lotion.

and there is a really good Italian restaurant with HUGE PORTIONS, I think called Angelo's in the mall there. The trolley /bus driver told us about this place, and I think the locals eat here, they come down with their families. They make the best garlic buns to die for.

Outback restaurant is close by as well.

$15 w/tip. That is where we stay when we are cruising out of either Ft. lauderdale or Miami. You can go wrong. They have a manager's reception every evening from 5-7, with free alcohol and chips, popcorn & pretzels. They have a very good breakfast buffet w/made to order omelets. This is a savings of roughly $50 or more. The trip to the port in fll is maybe 5 minutes. To Miami about 30-35 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
there are a few hotels on 17th street that would meet your criteria. We stayed at the Embassy but I was not impressed. although the area is very convenient to ther port and restaurants.

We're planning on leaving from FLL 5/8/10. What were experiences at Embassy and what other hotels were along 17th Street you mentioned. Thanks in advance!!!

Nicer hotels:

Westin Diplomat

Lago Mar

Pillars on New River Sound

The Atlantic

The W Hotel

Ritz Carlton

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach

These are just the few that immediately come to mind.

It's quite close...I'd say around $10-$12 plus gratuity.

Is that per person?

We're booked for the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale (on 17th)

Hope it's as nice as the reviews. We're going to take a taxi from there to port.

Have a couple dinner choices on spycam for night before (Quarterdeck or Kelly's Landing)...thoughts?

$15 w/tip. That is where we stay when we are cruising out of either Ft. lauderdale or Miami. You can go wrong. They have a manager's reception every evening from 5-7, with free alcohol and chips, popcorn & pretzels. They have a very good breakfast buffet w/made to order omelets. This is a savings of roughly $50 or more. The trip to the port in fll is maybe 5 minutes. To Miami about 30-35 minutes.

Looking at booking the Embassy Suites. I know they have the managers reception but do they have a lounge? Will they pick you up at the airport?

We are looking for a hotel POST-cruise, just for one night.

We want to enjoy our last day in FLL after our cruise on the beach, and eat downtown. We prefer to be in the beach area of FLL, i want to use priceline but i'm to scared i will end up with a hotel on the other side of the beach area. In that way we will pay a lot for the cab (from the port, and to the airport the next day)

We are looking for a hotel POST-cruise, just for one night.

We want to enjoy our last day in FLL after our cruise on the beach, and eat downtown. We prefer to be in the beach area of FLL, i want to use priceline but i'm to scared i will end up with a hotel on the other side of the beach area. In that way we will pay a lot for the cab (from the port, and to the airport the next day)

The Bahia Mar tends to have the best rates at the beach as far as the regular chain hotels. The beach is right across the street. It's on the trolley route and has a water taxi stop. If it is important to you to be right at the beach don't risk using Priceline; only half of the hotels are right at the beach, and the furthest hotel (Il Lugano) could be a $35 or more cab ride from the airport and it is several blocks from the beach.

We've stayed at the Courtyard on the beach a couple of times and been very happy with it. One night my husband forgot our camera at a downtown restaurant, and we didn't realize it until we returned to the hotel via cab. The concierge was very gracious; called the restaurant and then rode his personal motorcycle down there to pick it up for us. We tipped him very well :)

They have breakfast and an adjacent Bubba Gumps, right on the water with beautiful views. Sorry I don't remember the prices as we always used points.

Archived