Triumph, Talent Show Participation Gifts

littlesnit

Hi,

Just wondering what gifts Carnival has been giving for the talent show performers lately.

Used to be we'd get a bottle of champagne and other little goodies for participating.

Does Carnival still do a show and not a contest?

We'll be on the Triumph this fall.

Thanks.

In October it was champagne for the adults and build a bear kits for the kids. Unfortunately they didn't do their homework very well and it turned out the last guy who performed outshone all of them cause he was a professional singer. No one even remember the other acts.

they sure do..those who were with us in Jan on the Triumph will remember the girl doing the twist..

she got a well deserved standing ovation..she brought down the house..

being a minor..she got a gift more befitting her..

I understand they do a drawing if they have more than 6 candidates, but do they do any auditioning to pick the best talent for the show?

Two years ago, I participiated in the Legends show on the Conquest. What they do is let people compete for the part they want during karaoke and the audience picks the one they like. Sometimes nobody will put in for certain characters and the Karaoke host will ask those that he/she thinks can do the part from what they heard during karaoke. Some parts have to be filled by the staff. This show is already a production and the songs for each character are already pre-defined. The participants have to do the music that is in the production.

So I just wondered how they select the talent show participants.

"So I just wondered how they select the talent show participants."

When I last participated in the talent show, 6 years ago, there was no audition. Whoever showed up got to sign up. They said they would draw names if there were more than 8, but we never had that problem.

We did have a rehearsal, so the staff knew what they were in for. :eek:

"Ship on a stick" - oh, yeah, I forgot about them.

"Legends show" - I've never seen one live, though what I've seen on YouTube looks like a lot of fun. Anyone know if they have them on 5 day cruises?

Thanks everyone for responding.

"So I just wondered how they select the talent show participants."

When I last participated in the talent show, 6 years ago, there was no audition. Whoever showed up got to sign up. They said they would draw names if there were more than 8, but we never had that problem.

We did have a rehearsal, so the staff knew what they were in for. :eek:

"Ship on a stick" - oh, yeah, I forgot about them.

"Legends show" - I've never seen one live, though what I've seen on YouTube looks like a lot of fun. Anyone know if they have them on 5 day cruises?

Thanks everyone for responding.

When I was on the Celebration, I got a ship on a stick, and was made famous for the rest of the cruise, thanks to Carnival Cam TV. LOL! Don't think I got any champagne, but that's ok...I'm not really a drinker anyway.

There were no auditions, really. You just had to sign up, then show up for rehersal. If there wasn't enough interest, then they would cancel the show. If there was too much interest, they either took the first 8 to sign up, or drew 8 names (I can't remember which).

I was surprised there was no talent show on the Glory when I cruised in May. The Legends show was great, though! Very entertaining! :D

Auditions are for the Legends Show.

The Talent Show has no auditions. They just sign up 6 - 8 folks.

Sometimes it is first come first serve...

Sometimes (if a lot of folks show up) they will put everyone's name in a hat and draw.

Each ship handles it a little differently.

And just an added note for future reference (not a question the OP asked)

these shows are for adults only. Parents, please do not throw a 3 year old hissy fit because your precious little 12 year old is not allowed to participate.

There is a separate Camp Carnival Talent Show for kids.

It seems the CDs face this "issue" about once a month during the summer time.

Archived