Carnival and Price Matching

For instance, if I requested a quote on ************* and they come back with a lower quote (same ship, same category, same sail date) than I paid on Easy Saver through a travel agent, can I have the travel agent submit that quote for a refund or on board credit? Where all can I look for lower prices for my sail date and same cabin category other than Carnival's website?

Thanks.

For instance, if I requested a quote on ************* and they come back with a lower quote (same ship, same category, same sail date) than I paid on Easy Saver through a travel agent, can I have the travel agent submit that quote for a refund or on board credit? Where all can I look for lower prices for my sail date and same cabin category other than Carnival's website?

Thanks.

No you can't use those quote site prices. It has to be a Carnival advertised price on Carnival.

Thanks - This is the first time we've done ES rate and are anxious to see if we find a price drop before next January. Guess I'll keep checking on Carnival's website.

Check it often as the prices change frequently :) If you are a past guest make sure you check those rates as well as resident rates to see if your state is being offered a discount.

Thanks - This is the first time we've done ES rate and are anxious to see if we find a price drop before next January. Guess I'll keep checking on Carnival's website.

The Early Saver terms & conditions are specifically for Carnival-advertised prices only.

don't forget that You're not only concerned with drops in the Early Saver Rate itself! You're concerned about drops in any "Promo Rates" that you are eligible for!

You initially book at a rate up to 30% off the current Fun Select Rate. After booking, you can apply for any lower rate that you’re eligible for:

If the Early Saver rate drops, you get that lower Early Saver rate. [That rate will disappear 3 months out for shorter cruises, 5 months out from longer cruises.]

If the Fun Select rate drops, you get that reduced FunSelect Rate.

If you are a Past Guest, if a lower Past Guest rate than your current Early Saver Rate is offered by Carnival, then you get that reduced rate.

If you are 55+, if a lower 55+ rate than your current Early Saver Rate is offered by Carnival, then you get that reduced rate.

If you are a your state Resident, if a lower your state Resident rate than your current Early Saver Rate is offered by Carnival, then you get that reduced rate.

If you are eligible for Military Rate, if a lower Military rate than your current Early Saver Rate is offered by Carnival, then you get that reduced rate.

these are the rates you should be watching since booking and up to two days before sailing.

ken

Thanks.

A quote from a TA might be lower if the TA chooses to cut their commission is why Carnival wouldnt match it. Princes would be the same, except some TAs cut their quotes by cutting what they make on the booking.

The Early Saver terms & conditions are specifically for Carnival-advertised prices only.

don't forget that You're not only concerned with drops in the Early Saver Rate itself! You're concerned about drops in any "Promo Rates" that you are eligible for!

You initially book at a rate up to 30% off the current Fun Select Rate. After booking, you can apply for any lower rate that you’re eligible for:

If the Early Saver rate drops, you get that lower Early Saver rate. [That rate will disappear 3 months out for shorter cruises, 5 months out from longer cruises.]

If the Fun Select rate drops, you get that reduced FunSelect Rate.

If you are a Past Guest, if a lower Past Guest rate than your current Early Saver Rate is offered by Carnival, then you get that reduced rate.

If you are 55+, if a lower 55+ rate than your current Early Saver Rate is offered by Carnival, then you get that reduced rate.

If you are a your state Resident, if a lower your state Resident rate than your current Early Saver Rate is offered by Carnival, then you get that reduced rate.

If you are eligible for Military Rate, if a lower Military rate than your current Early Saver Rate is offered by Carnival, then you get that reduced rate.

these are the rates you should be watching since booking and up to two days before sailing.

ken

Do you know if the Cash Back rates that are sometimes offered can also be used?

For instance: Say I booked at a rate of $279. Now a rate of $269 is offered for a higher category cabin & you get $100 OBC.

Would I be able to get $110 OBC through early saver?

For instance: Say I booked at a rate of $279. Now a rate of $269 is offered for a higher category cabin & you get $100 OBC.

No, you wouldn't be able to get the $110. ESA is not combineable with Cash Back rates. I think it even says that on the Carnival site.

No, you wouldn't be able to get the $110. ESA is not combineable with Cash Back rates. I think it even says that on the Carnival site.

Actually - they matched the Cashback rate for my cruise in the Early Saver Program so I would submit the form if I were you.

LMAO!!! Ya gotta love this new program:D

Only problem is if your 'category' of cabin disappears from the site - or is no longer offered as an early saver rate option - then you have nothing to compare to? I believe tho you can upgrade if categories above yours are discounted enuf!

Technically, NO - but there HAVE been several posts where customers have called their PVP who has manipulated the system to get them the difference (PVP's and supervisors aren't supposed to handle ES Price Adjustments, but apparently some do for their customers). ken

Technically, NO - but there HAVE been several posts where customers have called their PVP who has manipulated the system to get them the difference (PVP's and supervisors aren't supposed to handle ES Price Adjustments, but apparently some do for their customers). ken

I have read several posts from folks who did NOT get the OBC thru their PVPs. They got it by submitting the price drop form. ...the PVPs do not have anything to do with if you get credit from this form.

Are you sure you are not just assuming that some PVP manipulated the system. I know you were in my case when my PVP cannot override the system, give OBC without a supervisor's ok, etc.

The folks I read got it thru the regular price drop forms.

Archived