Denali Sightseeing Safaris?

tranceFusion

Anyone have experience with this tour? They supposedly take you into Denali on a monster truck on a different route than the shuttle bus?

http://www.denalisights.com

I don't know anything about this particular tour, but will you have your own transportation. This tour starts in Cantwell, but I see they will pick you up in Glitter Gulch for $50/person. The ad is a little misleading in having you think that you will actually be in the part of the part where most tourists go. I don't know this for a fact, but from the location, I believe you will be in the acreage that was added to the park on the southern side. The area is beautiful and the tour sounds like fun. I have been offroading many times east of Healy and off Stampede Road because I have local friends. I am sure you should see moose, fox, maybe caribou, but they claim many bear and if it is too well traveled, I doubt you would see grizzlies, may be they mean black bears.

Janice

I'll have a car.. Not being with the rest of the tourists is the main bonus for me :)

Is this worth doing instead of the shuttle? I don't know if I can handle two back-to-back full day tours where I am sitting still for the whole day..

Edited by tranceFusion

I'll have a car.. Not being with the rest of the tourists is the main bonus for me :)

Is this worth doing instead of the shuttle? I don't know if I can handle two back-to-back full day tours where I am sitting still for the whole day..

If wildlife is a priority, then you are best to continue with the National Park shuttle.

These tours run in the state park.

Most tourists are not aware that there is a Denali State Park. Very nice but not the same as Denali National Park.

Not the same road or the same rules.

Having your own car won't help you much at all in the National Park as you can only drive a few miles down the road on your own.

If wildlife is a priority, then you are best to continue with the National Park shuttle.

These tours run in the state park.

BK,

According to their website and Yukon they don't. There are some posts that have been removed from this thread that explained some of this. They enter down by the Igloo in Cantwell and go into the section that was added to the national park later (I can't remember when) and there is still some private access, but I doubt it goes very far into the park.

Janice

• 5 years later...

burlyman, you sure found a very old thread to dig up - more than 5 (!) years old!

How can the tour be "on state land" and "in Denali National Park"? Denali National Park is FEDERAL land and I am pretty confident that such tours on a "monster truck" are not allowed inside Denali National Park. "Fantastic views of the park" are likely - but not from within the national park.

Due to the nature of the equipment used, the chances of seeing wildlife are probably slim.

Edited by frugaltravel