Bottled Water

Morris4me

I drink alot of bottled water. I was wondering how much Celebrity charges for bottled water and how large the bottles are? Do you have to request them or are they left in your stateroom and you're charged as you use them?

I drink alot of bottled water. I was wondering how much Celebrity charges for bottled water and how large the bottles are? Do you have to request them or are they left in your stateroom and you're charged as you use them?

$4 for a large Evian or Pellegrino. Not sure of size, I'd guess 1.5 liter but I'm not sure of that. They also have a small size for $2.50. There is usually one bottle in your mini fridge. You can also ask your stateroom attendant to bring some every day or to replace what you use every day. You can also buy the bottled water at any of the ship's bars, at the aqua spa and there is also a stand set up on port days by the gangway.

The water onboard the ship is great --- very well filtered & tastes great! They will provide you with a thermos filled with ice water in the cabin so you don't need to buy so many bottles (or any bottles!) :)

There is no longer a thermos of water in the room. I really enjoyed having that in the room on my previous trips. When I asked the cabin steward about that on last cruise in March I was told it was not available. He admitted the ships water was safe, but implied it was not very good. Believe me, it was as good as any bottled water I have ever had. Bring a nalgene or similar bottle in your luggage and fill it by the poolside snackbar. It is desalinated ocean water and is of better quality than most bottled water.

There is no longer a thermos of water in the room... ... on last cruise in March...

What Ship?

We were on a cruise that ran through April 6 or 7 on the Constellation last spring and they had the stainless steel insulated water carafe in the rooms.

We always take on a case of bottled water when we board or at the first port.

Ship's onboard water is made by reverse osmosis then sterilized. It's quite excellent, and exactly the same process most bottled water is produced.

We were on the Solstice and asked the cabin steward for a pitcher of water. She provided a stainless steel carafe, a bucket of ice and replaced it daily. The water was excellent. I heard that Celebrity used to do this automatically, but no more.

We were on the Solstice and asked the cabin steward for a pitcher of water. She provided a stainless steel carafe, a bucket of ice and replaced it daily. The water was excellent. I heard that Celebrity used to do this automatically, but no more.

I hope that it's just Solstice and not the M-and C-class ships. As others have said, the water on board is just fine. And the ice and carafe is one of the great little touches that we have enjoyed all along! (Why would Celebrity not continue this? It cannot be that much of an expense for them, and is worth a lot in terms of advertising/loyalty.)

Good to know. I go through about 3 thermoses of water each day, so we'll be sure to ask for it now that they're no longer automatically providing. It'll be worth an extra tip to keep me in water! :)

My experience with no water pitcher was on the Solstice in March. I asked for it and did not get it. Now that I know they have the pitchers available, if that happens on my next tip I will be asking to remove myself from the automatic tips.

Archived