Does anyone know which cabin is better on the Valor?

jenala101

My fiance and I are spending our honeymoon on the 2/13/05 Valor cruise. First we had cabin 7230, on the Empress deck. Then, a few weeks later, I was just kinda looking around at the different cabins that were still available and noticed 9205 on the Lido deck was available. I snatched it up right away because it seemed like it had a wrap around balcony and had a view from the side and front of the ship. Then, reading some of the comments here, I learn that on another ship, (I believe the Triumph), cabin 9205 is right by the public bridge and you pretty much have no privacy at all. I called Carnival and asked them about this and they said it is a completely private balcony and we won't see anyone on the ship while we are on the balcony. I don't know how much I trust that, and I don't want to take a chance on having no privacy on our honeymoon, of course I want it to be perfect. Haha, I'm driving my fiance nuts with all this changing. So, I thought I would ask you guys, since you all seem to know your stuff when it comes to cruising! Should I switch back to the Empress deck cabin or stay in our Lido deck cabin??

One more thing... I've been thinking about upgrading from a cat 11 to 12. Is it worth the extra $1000 to do that?

Another poster had these comments about 9205 on the Triumph which is similar to the Valor in layout:

Balcony configuration is same as all the other standard balconies. We also were told it was going to be bigger and it was not. We also had an obstructed view, which we were not told about. One would think when booking a suite, that you would have a clear view. NOT! With the bridge just below us, we could not see to the right at all. When you are out on your balcony, anyone on the open deck can and does look right at you. I was also not aware that we had a window in the cabin that faced an open public deck. The amount of privacy was just not there for what we paid for the suite. This was very dissappinting

Does not sound good.

Valor is basically a stretched Triumph. Although the decor may be very different, the basic layout is almost identical. Both were built by the same shipyard in Italy. I'd be very wary about this unless you can find someone who's been in that cabin, which is very hard to do since the ship is very new.

Maybe you can find someone who's been on the Glory or Conquest which are identical to the Valor.

I'll try to check it out for you when I'm on the Glory during Christmas break.

Good Luck!

$1000 to upgrade to a suite- To me that is not worth it at all. Sailing is very close- I am surprised there is still availabilty in those suites. Take the 1,000 and get awesome excursions/ soverniers.. or take the 1000 for another cruise some other day.

I also dont like the front of the ship. Too much movement for me. What category is that>

I have sailed on the Glory in an aft corner CAT 9A. (Cabin 6483)

If I were to sail on the Valor, we would MOST DEFINITELY settle for nothing less than that same cabin, or the port side aft corner... DECK SIX.

HUGE balcony - much larger than a CAT 11 or 12... keep in mind the room is not as plush as a suite, but you will pay less for it! (do you really need the jacuzzi tub and dual sinks?)

We opt for the CAT 11's only on the Spirit class ships (aft corners on those vessels) - see below link to pics...

Tom

Normally I would say no, I don't need the jacuzzi, but it's our honeymoon. I would really like to have all the plush amenities!!

Also, sorry for being so dense when it comes to sailing, but which side is the port side, and why is it better?

Port is to the LEFT if you are looking FORWARD. I have found that side to be best when docked, as it usually gives you a better view of the island, rather than out to sea (the view you have already had for some time.. LOL). Of course, another ship could easily pull in and block your view...

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

tell me more about the aft cabin balconies. We are in 8450 on Veranda Deck and I read a post here that the dividers are slanted and you lose some privacy ??? Can strollers on the decks above look down at the aft balcony??

Hi :)

jenala101

congratulations on your wedding!!!!!

Yes we will begoing on the ship at the same time.

My husband and I are Celebrating our 5th anniverary and will be taking our second cruise with carnival .

We have a room on the back of the ship it is one of the(category 9A) wrap-around balcony cabins # 8448

we was on the Carnival Triumph 2/14/04

We had the wrap-around balcony cabins #8428 . we did see outher looking down at us at time. The cabin itself was very nice. It is the same size as a standard cabin but is shaped a bit odd due to being on the corner. So we hope the CARIVAL VALOR

wrap-around balcony cabins 8448 is just as good.

Is there a way to see what cabins remain open for a particular ship on a particular date?

Go to any online agency and check for your cruise you are interested in. If there are cabins available youwill see 7-9 of them. If the ship is almsot sold out you will see less then 7 in any given category. (make sure you chack 2-3 and 4 passengers since cabins are different for the amount of people. You will never see more then 9 cabins avaialable for any sailing.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the Valor 1-16-04

had room 9205 ... email me if you would like to see the pictures... the room was awsome .... my buddy and his wife also had cat 11 suite .. the two rooms did not even compare !

Bob

We just got off the valor 1/16 and had cabin 9211. It was great. Very close to the buffet and the balcony that you are referring too had hardly any people on it. Actually we only discovered it on about the 4th day of our sailing as there is only a one entry from deck 9 and 10 to get to it. We wandered up there at night several times and never encountered anyone. It was very windy, but extremely private. I loved deck 9 as the rooms were very quiet. We had a balcony and sat out on it late at night as well as having breakfast one morning. Keep the balcony door open a few nights with the deck chair and could hear the waves. Wish I was there again!

Linda

Archived