soda card is the 15% included or do you have to pay it on top?

Hi Will be cruising on the FOS next Feb 2010 ( so excited!! ):D

Anyway we are thinking of getting the soda cards definately for the children and possibly for us I know this is a silly question and I am probably reading the info wrong as I still can't make out wether the 15% is included on the card or each time you use the soda card you then pay 15% on each drink......? Any body enlighten me also if we get one of the wine packages is it the same for them?

Many Thanks in advance

ono40

Anyway we are thinking of getting the soda cards definately for the children and possibly for us I know this is a silly question and I am probably reading the info wrong as I still can't make out wether the 15% is included on the card or each time you use the soda card you then pay 15% on each drink......? Any body enlighten me also if we get one of the wine packages is it the same for them?

Many Thanks in advance

ono40

The 15% gratuity will be included in the price you pay for the soda cards. Not sure about the wine packages but I believe that the same policies apply.:)

Many Thanks in advance

ono40

They add the 15% Gratuity when you buy the card then there is no more gratuity added after that.

Many Thanks in advance

ono40

Hey ono40!!!!!

Our first cruise with the kids, we all got the soda card. Now we just get it for the kids. We found that we didn't drink as much as we thought and it was a waste. Jason found if he was "thirsty" he was getting a beer rather than a Pepsi!!!!

You only pay the 15% at the time you get the soda card - you just walk up to a bar - show your sticker (which is on your seapass card) and give them your cup! We are not big wine drinkers, so can't help you out on that one!

Melissa

Unless you drink ALOT of soda, all day, every day, just buy a can of soda when you want one....they cost about $2.24 and if it's only occassional, it won't break the bank!

Soda is available without the "soda card"!

Thanks for all your replys I thought that was the case but you know when you keep questioning yourself!!! ( first signs of madness I know!!:p)

Hi Melissa nice of you to pop in and help... Gary is like Jason Pepsie or a ice cold beer !!;) infact Gary prefers a beer with his meal as well and wine just goes straight to my head we won't go there .

Anyway hope you and your family are all well Take Care Tracey :cool:

I heard on another thread but have never seen it before that the kids' soda package cost less than the adult one....and that the juices were orange, grapefruit, and two others. I didnt see apple listed.

Can anyone confirm this? If it were discounted, my kids could get the package for juice alone! But not if it were only orange or cranberry juice or soda.

We just got off the Explorer and the soda package was $4 a day for children and $6 day for adults, so yes, the kids do receive a discount. I don't know exactly what drinks are included in the soda package other than Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta and Sprite which my daughter drinks. My son drinks only lemonade which is free.

Many Thanks in advance

ono40

Soda card is $4.60pd for kids and $6.90pd for adults - including the grats. As a tin of coke costs $2.24 you can do the math and work out how many tins you need to drink to break even!

Soda card is soda like coke, diet coke and sprite only. No juices or water as there is now a separate package for those.

If you have the soda card then all the mixers are included - like in a barcardi and coke - the coke bit is 'free'...

Thanks for the fast response. If Lemonade is free, I know they'd rather be drinking that and maybe a token soda one day...so it sounds like the card isnt really worth it for them.

thanks again

Thanks for the fast response. If Lemonade is free, I know they'd rather be drinking that and maybe a token soda one day...so it sounds like the card isnt really worth it for them.

thanks again

The lemonade is lovely - cloudy traditional-style yellow lemonade - really refreshing (and free....)

The lemonade is lovely - cloudy traditional-style yellow lemonade - really refreshing (and free....)

Fantastic! Ill be drinking THAT all week myself! Can you order that in the dining rooms in place of water? I am thrilled...I havent had good lemonade in ages!

If you have the soda card then all the mixers are included - like in a barcardi and coke - the coke bit is 'free'...

You'll pay the same for a Bacardi and Coke whether you have the soda card or not - the mixer is always included in the price of the mixed drink - no discount if you have the soda card.

Archived