W. Carribean Shore Excursions

I've been wondering about the excursions...when you're transferred , is there air conditioning? ...I don't do well in humidity and heat :eek:, so I'm having a time figuring out which excursions would be best. Lots of them take hour or more to get where they're going.

Plus, I'm not much of a snorkeler..:(...that sort of trims down my selection of tours.

I do realize we'll be in a RAIN FOREST, but any info is appreciated.;)

We're thinking of the atlantis sub or the all terrain buggys to Jade Caverns in Cozumel, maybe the Lamanai ruins or rappelling tour in Belize, and maybe one the the pay excursons to Tikal or Copan on Santo Tomas.

Any thoughts welcomed!

I've been wondering about the excursions...when you're transferred , is there air conditioning? ...I don't do well in humidity and heat :eek:, so I'm having a time figuring out which excursions would be best. Lots of them take hour or more to get where they're going.

Plus, I'm not much of a snorkeler..:(...that sort of trims down my selection of tours.

I do realize we'll be in a RAIN FOREST, but any info is appreciated.;)

We're thinking of the atlantis sub or the all terrain buggys to Jade Caverns in Cozumel, maybe the Lamanai ruins or rappelling tour in Belize, and maybe one the the pay excursons to Tikal or Copan on Santo Tomas.

Any thoughts welcomed!

It depends on the excursion and the type of transfer. The Lamanai ruins trip includes a bus trip that's perhaps about a half hour, in an air-conditioned bus, then a boat trip. The boat trip is really nice, with lots of wildlife, but is quite windy. Take a hat with a tie of some kind. You're protected from the sun under a canopy, and with the wind, heat is not a real problem. The ruins themselves are hot, but also heavily treed--they were fine the day we were, but it was considered quite mild that day (December.)

At Santo Tomas we took the boat trip up the river with a visit to Livingston. The boat went straight from the dock, and the part across open water was, again, very windy. Nothing was air conditioned, the time in Livingston, the meal and the performance was in an open-air dining room. The initial boat ride was about a half hour each way, plus the river trip, which was spectacular.

We really enjoyed a tour (not a ships tour) that took us by air conditioned van approximately 45 minutes out of Belize city to an area where we did cave-tubing. The only part that was humid was the walk to the river. Although it was really hot, it made getting into the river that much more refreshing.

There aer many more ideas in the Ports section of CruiseCritic -- here's a link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109

Archived