Capri's for the Vatican

margord

From reading local postings on Tripadvisor, I think you will be fine in capris. But I emphasize "think".....on any given day the Vatican guards may decide otherwise. That's probably why the cruise line information errs on the side of caution: they want to make sure everyone gets in with no problems.

I've recently read on Tripadvisor of girls with cap sleeves being held back (the girl eventually, and with a little argument, tugged down her sleeves enough to satisfy the guard) as well as men/boys with long shorts that covered the knee being denied entrance.

The Vatican remains one of the few places where you really can't "get away" with anything other than being properly covered!

As for sleves, I was going to take a shaw to cover my arms. Do you think that would be acceptable. By the way, just how warm do you think it will be around September 19?

We were in Rome in late September/05 and early October/08 ... temps were quite comfortable ... approx. mid 70's and sunny.

Here's a link to a sign posted outside of St. Peter's .. you should be fine with capris and a shawl: http://www.saintpetersbasilica.org/Pics/SQR/DressCode-JG.jpg

I know you need to have knees and shoulders covered. So does tht mean you can wear capris? The ship's tour information say no.

I think you should be okay with mid shin capris and a shawl t cover your shoulder or a short-sleeve shirt.

I wore Capri's and they are fine. Our tour guide had a very small shawl that barely covered her shoulders and that was fine too. It gets very crowded, so the temperature can get a little warm.

Archived