New freeport terminal for carnival???

Tyron

Thanks for the info. We like the big pool at the Grand Turk terminal and having a cheeseburger in paradise. Even if they build a similar complex some cruiser's will venture out to take tours and spend money in the local shops and restaurants.

We spent a long weekend at Freeport a few years back, and truthfully, kind of avoid itineraries that would take us back there. I guess it would be fine for a few hours, but definitely would not book a cruise just to go there! HMC was much nicer!

If the terminal is anything like Carnivals other projects it will be a boon to the area, creating many new jobs and will have shops owned and operated by the locals. I wonder where it will be located. The present location of the cruise ship docks are very inconvienent to anything.

They should try to move the new pier closer to Our Lucaya's beach and marketplace.

That is where most people head to anyway.

The only people hurt by that would be the taxi drivers.

Bill

That would be great. We're going to Freeport in November, and after my cruise in May, I am NOT looking forward to that port stop. I hated the cramped taxi ride out to Our Lucaya, and hated even MORE having to wait thirty minutes for enough passengers to fill up the taxi van so we could get back to the ship. We may very well just stay on board in November - and that's not helping the locals at ALL. If the new terminal was there, we'd at least spend money and time exploring that area. For us, it's not worth the cost of the shuttle into town to bother getting off the ship.

If the terminal is anything like Carnivals other projects it will be a boon to the area, creating many new jobs and will have shops owned and operated by the locals. I wonder where it will be located. The present location of the cruise ship docks are very inconvienent to anything.

Isn't that the truth... Take a look at Puerta Maya... It hasn't effected tourism in San Miguel or any of the beaches on the island.

Some folks take a minute to grab a drink and a burger and they're off to a beach! I'm sure the same would be true of the project on Freeport...

:)

Archived