Embarkment in Seattle

Kschn3671

Hi. Can somebody describe the procedure of embarkment in Seattle? (Ex. Drop Bag offs, go thru Security, Get Sea Pass, Immigration, etc.) We are taking the Infinity in Sept to Alaska. I have been hearing about long lines if you go at the wrong time so by knowing the proper steps then I can figure out how long it will take to get on the boat.

Thanks

We were on the Infinity in June. We stayed at the Marriott Waterfront which is directly accross the street from where the Infinity docks. The bellman at the hotel collected our bags from our room and walked them accross to check-in; brilliant!

We checked in at 11:45 AM with no lines. Cabins were not available until 1:00 PM but we enjoyed the buffet lunch and exploring the ship while waiting.

Have a great cruise.

We were on the Infinity in June. We stayed at the Marriott Waterfront which is directly accross the street from where the Infinity docks. The bellman at the hotel collected our bags from our room and walked them accross to check-in; brilliant!

We checked in at 11:45 AM with no lines. Cabins were not available until 1:00 PM but we enjoyed the buffet lunch and exploring the ship while waiting.

Have a great cruise.

I'm staying at the Marriott Waterfront this Thursday, and will board Infinity on Friday. It's great to know that the bellman will offer this service.

Hi. Can somebody describe the procedure of embarkment in Seattle? (Ex. Drop Bag offs, go thru Security, Get Sea Pass, Immigration, etc.) We are taking the Infinity in Sept to Alaska. I have been hearing about long lines if you go at the wrong time so by knowing the proper steps then I can figure out how long it will take to get on the boat.

Thanks

We sailed on the Infinity July 10 to Alaska from Seattle. We arrived at the cruise terminal around 1:30pm and the delay was really long.. three different lines, first to drop off luggage, then security, then the EXTREMELY long check-in line..

I see others have checked in much earlier than 2pm for a 4pm sailing and that seems to be the way to go - next time I am going to try showing up at 11am to avoid the madness at 2pm!

We were on the July 3 sailing out of Seattle on Infinity and checked in just shy of noon - no line at all to drop the luggage off, and a very short, fast-moving line to get everyone's carry-on bags through the X-ray. There was a bit of a longer line to get checked in, but it seemed to be because there was a form to be filled out regarding Norovirus and H1N1 (swine flu) and while personnel at the doors were ensuring that every passenger had a form, they weren't very good at telling people where they needed to have them. DH and I struggled to get them filled out before we reached X-ray, but it turned out they weren't taken until check-in, and many pax didn't have theirs done so they were standing at the check-in counters, further delaying the lines.

It could have been avoided if they'd had signs posted saying what documents to have at the ready: Passport, boarding document, health document, and credit card for sign & sail. Still, at the hour we went through, the lines weren't bad at all. I'm of the school of belief that if I've paid for a vacation I want my vacation to begin as soon as possible, so we board as early as we can make it to the cruise port!

When you check in, do you drop off your luggage outside or inside the terminal? Everywhere else I been you drop it off outside. We are taking a cab so we are getting dropped off curbside. Does it differ where you dropoff luggage if you park in the parking garage across the street from the terminal and take the walkway across?

Thanks

Hi Karynanne,

We will be using that butler too this Friday. I am all about getting there early. We will have a three hour time difference to deal with.

See you Thursday night! When do you and Joanie get in? (I know you will be on seperate flights.) We land at 12:17PM.

Diane

When you check in, do you drop off your luggage outside or inside the terminal? Everywhere else I been you drop it off outside. We are taking a cab so we are getting dropped off curbside. Does it differ where you dropoff luggage if you park in the parking garage across the street from the terminal and take the walkway across?

Thanks

There were two doors at the terminal when we came through - one on the right for luggage (with a large X-ray) and one on the left for people and their carry-on bags. The signage was not the best, but there were a couple of port employees roving around on the sidewalk outside who were most helpful in getting us pointed in the right direction. Just look for the people with name tags on.

Joanie, hope you and Karyn have a wonderful time:) and I am friends

with Mark and Troy from your roll call too...tell them hi from me:D

We sailed together on Mercury last year!:D

Joanie, hope you and Karyn have a wonderful time:) and I am friends

with Mark and Troy from your roll call too...tell them hi from me:D

We sailed together on Mercury last year!:D

Thank you Lois! I'll make sure I introduce myself to them.

Karyn

Archived