Best CC Cabins on Summit

lovethekeys

Just booked 4 CC cabins on the Summit in February w/our friends. We booked 6143, 6144, 6135, & 6136. I am told these are the best CC cabins. Has anyone stayed in these, what can you tell me about them?

In looking at the deck plans, it appears there is no hallway in the back between 6143 & 6144, is that right? Thanx so much for any information that you might have.:)

...In the toolbar at the top of this page, select that Advanced Search option, and enter the stateroom numbers you mention, you'll find plenty of information about them [including a picture or two as I recall; I considered those cabins for a January 2011 sailing that I booked but ultimately selected a Concierge Class aft]...

Just know that all four M-Class ships--Millenium, Summit, Infinity, and Constellation--share a common stateroom configuration and numbering scheme...

Wow, you're very lucky to get all four cabins. Each has a balcony that is 3X bigger than normal. The balconies are made from teak planks, just like all of the suites on the penthouse deck. 6143 and 6144 are about 1 foot wider than other CC cabins.

There is a hallway in the aft between the two penthouse suites that will allow you to go from the port to the starboard side of the ship.

I just booked 6135 for our March 13, 2010 cruise on the Summit. It was the last CC cabin left on the Penthouse deck, and we definitely loved the idea of the longer verandah with loungers. Plus I think being sandwiched between the larger suites will be quieter than being in a hallway with 2-3 times as many cabins.

I spent a couple of hours searching past Cruise Critic posts and Google images to find the best cabin of those still available, decided on 6135, and then it disappeared! I contacted a real travel agent (instead of the online wholesalers I was initially using), and within 30 minutes he was able to confirm it for me! (I guess it had been on a courtesy hold for someone else and had just expired). :D

We stayed in 6144 for a Panama Canal cruise and loved it! The room stewards are the best. We had 7203 (aft) on a Caribbean cruise and we much prefer 6144 as the room itself is larger than the aft cabins and the balcony is wider, but not quite as long as the aft cabins. More than enough room for tables, chairs, loungers. You'll love those staterooms! There is a hallway that isn't shown on the deck plans and they let us use it for storage...

There is a reason why X has made these cabins C1 and raised the price to a bit more than other CC cabins: they ARE better. Until you experience 6143/44 you don't realize how much that extra 10" affects your movements in the cabin. And the CC breakfast at a real table on the balcony it so much better than trying to use a little side table.:D Enjoy!

Thank you so much for all the information. I'm so glad to hear there is a hallway in front of the aft suites. Looks like we really scored big this time:) We live in WI our friends in MI, booking a cruise in Feb or March is the only thing that gets us through the winter. It is much easier shoveling out of a snow storm when you have summer clothes laid out in the guest room ready to pack! This year will be extra exciting knowing we scored big on the cabins. Best part - they didn't cost us anymore. Now all we need is some OBC for the martini bar:D

• 2 weeks later...
...In the toolbar at the top of this page, select that Advanced Search option, and enter the stateroom numbers you mention, you'll find plenty of information about them [including a picture or two as I recall; I considered those cabins for a January 2011 sailing that I booked but ultimately selected a Concierge Class aft]...

Just know that all four M-Class ships--Millenium, Summit, Infinity, and Constellation--share a common stateroom configuration and numbering scheme...

Hi

I guess know one has stayed in 9082 as I could not find anything out

thanks for the information on how to get it

Just booked 4 CC cabins on the Summit in February w/our friends. We booked 6143, 6144, 6135, & 6136. I am told these are the best CC cabins. Has anyone stayed in these, what can you tell me about them?

In looking at the deck plans, it appears there is no hallway in the back between 6143 & 6144, is that right? Thanx so much for any information that you might have.:)

They are the best!

Hi,

6143 is a bad room. We had it on the Millennium 4/23/06 and I made a note never to take that room again! It has a sky suite on the left but on the right is a small room that the butlers for the suites hang out and they have a small balcony to smoke out on the deck next to yours. It was great having the extra length of balcony but the butlers very early and very late were banging the door to go out and you hear the plates for the suites clanging very early. Hated that room.:(

I just had 7206 and I thought it was the best cabin I have ever had!!

The best CC cabins are the ones on deck 9 that are below the pool because they have a large overhang that protects you from the sun.

Deck 7 also has the overhang. It will depend on which way the ship is facing if you get sun or not. There were days it was directly coming at us, but it always had half shade.

I would think it would be noisey to be under the pool.

Italy-VeniceDay21stdayofcruise07-1.jpg

Italy-VeniceDay21stdayofcruise07-09.jpg

We’ve had 6143 on Infinity, Summit & Millie along with 6144 on Connie and have loved those rooms. These rooms have about 1’ extra width and teak deck balcony’s that 2/3rd’s larger than a standard CC stateroom. They do have about a 4’ hallway just forward that is not shown on the deck plans. We’ve never had a problem with noise from that area in fact one of the things we like about this area is it’s a very quiet area of the ship. We have only seen the butlers use the small balcony just forward a couple of times in 4 sailings and these were late mornings on Port days to make cell calls – no different than having anyone else doing the same in the balcony next to yours.

The only one we didn’t like as much was 6143 on Millie as it didn’t have the canvas extensions covering the balcony as the others did. If you like sun this might be a plus but we found it limited the use of the balcony somewhat.

You’ll be happy with these staterooms:),

Joel

I'm in 9101 on Summit in January. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Just got off the Summit. Was in 9201 July 9th. The room is great and the balcony is very large. Although there is no sun due to the large hang over that blocks it.

Deck 7 also has the overhang. It will depend on which way the ship is facing if you get sun or not. There were days it was directly coming at us, but it always had half shade.

Does the overhang make it too hot? I'm thinking you won't get any breeze because it's too closed in.

My previous post was actually a joke. Eight years ago, when CC cabins were called superior oceanview cabins and you paid more for a higher deck, a TA told me that we could have a free upgrade from deck 8 to deck 9 so I accepted it. That was the last time I ever booked a cabin without checking out its location because between the noise from pool above us and the extensive overhang that totally blocked the sun, it was the worst cabin we ever had on a ship!

On a more serious note, the best CC cabins on M class ships are the aft CC cabins because they have much larger balconies and you get three sided views. That is especially nice when you are entering a European port very early in the morning and can go on your balcony in your PJ's to get the big picture.

Hey Anne Maria - just noticed we're neigbors on this trip. We're in 7106 and Lucy & Ray are in 7103. Most of the gang we've sailed with before are on this trip and all aft. We do have a good time talking to each other!

Pat

• 4 weeks later...
Just got off the Summit. Was in 9201 July 9th. The room is great and the balcony is very large. Although there is no sun due to the large hang over that blocks it.

Hey Silvercity,

Glad to hear you liked your cabin because we are in 9201 for the October 17th cruise out of Venice. We have had the aft cabins before, but not on the 9th deck. I have read some mixed reviews about noise, spray from washing the deck above, etc. Did you have any problems with that?

Hi silvercity. We stayed in 9201 on the Summit starting July 21, so we came there right after you (thanks for keeping it that clean :D) ! We stayed there for 24 nights and loved the room, enjoyed the large balcony and we were so lucky with Nelson as our room attendant (and Domingos, his assistant).

But to be honest : we were bothered by the noise of shuffling chairs during the evening and early morning, and since we go to bed early (we're early birds), the noise woke us up several nights and in the very (!) early morning, when they started to clean the deck. For that reason we won't book it again, but probably someone else won't be bothered by it. But we had a wonderful cruise anyway ! :)

• 4 months later...
Hi,

6143 is a bad room. We had it on the Millennium 4/23/06 and I made a note never to take that room again! It has a sky suite on the left but on the right is a small room that the butlers for the suites hang out and they have a small balcony to smoke out on the deck next to yours. It was great having the extra length of balcony but the butlers very early and very late were banging the door to go out and you hear the plates for the suites clanging very early. Hated that room.:(

Does anyone know if 6144 has the butlers pantry next to this cabin also?

deb

Does anyone know if 6144 has the butlers pantry next to this cabin also?

deb

It's not really a pantry, more of a hallway. We did not expreience any noise from the butlers. And there's no smoking on the balconies on the starboard side... Maybe not on any balconies anymore, I don't recall... We thoroughly enjoyed the cabin and would book it again.

Archived