Which Specialty Restaurants?

OV8

So earlier we had some compelling reasons as to why it would be nice to splurge on a SR while onboard a RCL ship.

That begs the question, if you had to pick ONE - Which Specialty Restaurants? Why?

Definitely Portofinos for me. Chops is nice, but Portofinos has advantages. Great pre-appetizer course - bread with various spreads such as roasted garlic, mushroom, tuna etc. Portofinos also seems a bit more romantic and has a bit more of an upscale vibe. Portofinos also has a steak that rivals any of Chops' steaks, but so many other great non steak dishes as well. IMHO it is definitely worth it to try both Chops and Portofinos, but if only picking one I recommend Portofinos unless you truly love steakhouses (i.e. if you want a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse type of experience go for Chops, but if you want all around fine dining, go with Portofinos).

Definitely Portofinos for me. Chops is nice, but Portofinos has advantages. Great pre-appetizer course - bread with various spreads such as roasted garlic, mushroom, tuna etc. Portofinos also seems a bit more romantic and has a bit more of an upscale vibe. Portofinos also has a steak that rivals any of Chops' steaks, but so many other great non steak dishes as well. IMHO it is definitely worth it to try both Chops and Portofinos, but if only picking one I recommend Portofinos unless you truly love steakhouses (i.e. if you want a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse type of experience go for Chops, but if you want all around fine dining, go with Portofinos).

Totally agree with everything Gonzo says. Portofino all the way. We ate at both last cruise and decided to do Portofino a second time! It is that good!

Archived