My Time Dining on Independence of the Seas - full?

Having enquired how I might change my reservation to the My Time Dining option some months ago, my TA explained it was only a pilot and could not be booked (yet). We got our embarkation/ticket info a few days ago for IOS 1st August sailing, which explained that a change was possible, via your TA. However, yesterday my TA told me that all My Time dining options had been taken, and only one place was available on 'the wait list'. As we are a party of 3 I have not asked to take this 'wait list' place. So my question is what are my chances of changing our dining plans once on board? :confused:

Let me briefly give you my experience recently on the Freedom. Assigned late seating, did not want that, called RCI and they said first seating was full and waitlisted but I could opt for MTD, which I did. Sailing day got the sea pass, it had MTD and a table number with 2nd seating. Went to MTD to make reservations for the first night and they told me I was not on the MTD list and they were already full and could accept no more for MTD. I eventually got to first seating after standing in another line but in my case it was impossible to change to MTD (even though I was supposed to have it) once onboard. It was only 1PM! Try and get what you want before hand if at all possible.

Let me briefly give you my experience recently on the Freedom. Assigned late seating, did not want that, called RCI and they said first seating was full and waitlisted but I could opt for MTD, which I did. Sailing day got the sea pass, it had MTD and a table number with 2nd seating. Went to MTD to make reservations for the first night and they told me I was not on the MTD list and they were already full and could accept no more for MTD. I eventually got to first seating after standing in another line but in my case it was impossible to change to MTD (even though I was supposed to have it) once onboard. It was only 1PM! Try and get what you want before hand if at all possible.

Good advice as this is becoming a MUCH more popular option apparently. The section was full for our Jewel cruise too....

Having enquired how I might change my reservation to the My Time Dining option some months ago, my TA explained it was only a pilot and could not be booked (yet). We got our embarkation/ticket info a few days ago for IOS 1st August sailing, which explained that a change was possible, via your TA. However, yesterday my TA told me that all My Time dining options had been taken, and only one place was available on 'the wait list'. As we are a party of 3 I have not asked to take this 'wait list' place. So my question is what are my chances of changing our dining plans once on board? :confused:

The onboard situation will be the same; if it's full it's full. If people switch from MTD to one of the other sittings, then places will become available. If you're serious about wanting to change, I'd think that your best chance would be to get yourself on the waiting list asap.

Archived