any good post crusie tour ideas what to do when I have a very late fligth?

honey-bunny

Post- cruise tours any suggestions :confused:?

my plane leave at 9 PM ( and no we can change it or to fly stand by) what are some good ways to kill some time in Fort Lauderdale, I know many recommend post- cruise air-boats tour are the any post cruise tour that leave later then 8 am from the cruise I am really dreading sitting for 10 hours in the airport with my luggage:eek:

Oh, that is a long time to wait. :eek:

In my household, we have a solution that we call "throwing money at the problem." I would check into a hotel for those long hours. It would be an added expense, but would make for a nicer day. This is in fact what we did once rather that spending a 7 hour layover at the Miami airport. Money very well spent!:)

Stand by for an earlier flight at no cost to you.

Easy Peasy. We`ve done it at MIA. All airlines want to get their passengers on their way as quickly as possible. Check your airlines schedule and see if it works for you.

Rich

can you please let me know on the last day of the disembarkation of the cruise I have a very late flights after 9 PM at the airport waht is the latest hour that I can stay on ship the morning disembarkation can I stay at Lido until 11 am or 11 30 am or do I have to disembark before ? do people with late flights can request to be the last one to disembark the ship :confused:please let me know as soon as you can

thank you for your assistance

You can be the last ones to disembark the ship but that will still be around 9:30 am. The crew have a lot of work to do on turnaround day. I'd suggest renting a car and then going to the beach. You can leave your bags locked in the car.

You can be the last ones to disembark the ship but that will still be around 9:30 am. The crew have a lot of work to do on turnaround day. I'd suggest renting a car and then going to the beach. You can leave your bags locked in the car.

Sound good to me and not that expensive the rental car it can be from he airport right ?

the reason I ask we have prepaid transfer from the cruise port to the airport upon disembarkation

sound like a good idea to rent a car for 1 day and beach

thank you for suggestion

are there car rental that do it just for 1 day /8 or 9 hours ? and which one can you recommend

On our first cruie we had a late flight home as well. We rented a car and drove around. Actually I wentto school at The University of Miami, so we drove down to Coral Gables and I showed DW around the campus, etc. We had lunch in Coconut grove, spent some time on Miami Beach then drove back to Ft. Lauderdale well in time for the flight home.

Sound good to me and not that expensive the rental car it can be from he airport right ?

the reason I ask we have prepaid transfer from the cruise port to the airport upon disembarkation

Honey bunny, I'm fairly certain that if you have a pre-paid transfer voucher from HAL that you will be called somewhat earlier than 9:30. But if you are renting a car that won't matter. I just wanted you to be mentally prepared to be called prior to the last group(s).:)

I have so much time to waste my DH wanted to do good to save some $$$ when he booked the late flight but it seem like now it will be even more expensive to come up with the solution to spend the day for 3 of us instead of sitting in the airport for 10 hours

my TA booked the prepaid Transfer from Hal to return to airport I am checking out the car rentals now as we speak they start at about 90 $$ plus tax for that 1 day

thank you everyone to try to give me some solutions I realy appreciate everyone help and suggestions:)

trying to come up with something reasonable price- wise

(in this economy especially:()

I was even trying to find out if there is a lounge to rest at the FLL airport but we are in terminal 2 and there are no lounges in terminal 1 is a VIP lounge that charges 20$$ for every 3 hours that u use it to rest and eat and drink but nothing in terminal 2:(

This link ,http://www.miami-airport.com/html/things_to_do.html ,gives information for things to do at the airport.There is a bagagelocker were you can leave your suitcases and take a bus (numbers are in the link) in front of the airport to visit nice or interesting places.

I don't know if it is still possible but some years ago i went upstairs in the airport hotel (entrance before securities) and went to their swimming-pool on the roof.:D

Burny

This link ,http://www.miami-airport.com/html/things_to_do.html ,gives information for things to do at the airport.There is a bagagelocker were you can leave your suitcases and take a bus (numbers are in the link) in front of the airport to visit nice or interesting places.

I don't know if it is still possible but some years ago i went upstairs in the airport hotel (entrance before securities) and went to their swimming-pool on the roof.:D

Burny

We are flying out of Fort Lauderdale airport

Archived