Booking for Solstice Jan 3 2010 -- Help pick a cabin and recommend best way to book

curlimommy

Ok, we are total newbies...never cruised before. So this will be our virgin voyage. :)

We are going to splurge a bit and go with an Aqua Class room. These are the only cabins that are left in that class:

I looked at the chart already with room summaries, and there are no comments on any of these rooms. I just want it to be fairly quiet and have a good view without obstruction. I'm wondering why people think the lifeboats are obstruction? Just looking down from midship isn't that special, or is it?

Also, for you seasoned cruisers, where do you suggest booking? I found best prices on Orbitz and cruise.com right now. Orbitz is seeming to only allow the first dinner seating, but cruise.com has both available as well as free gratuities. Any input on those who have used cruise.com before?

I am getting really excited. We were going to just do an all - inclusive resort in the Mayan Riveria, but with all the swine flu scares and rumor that it will be a rough fall and winter for it, we decided to steer clear. We have an 18 month old, so don't want to risk bringing home something nasty for him to catch.

Thanks so much in advance!!!

I was recently in an AC cabin and it was very nice. Make sure that you do assume that only those cabins listed are available and keep checking. You can always move.

I would recommend that you go to the Celebrity site and toggle between the Penthouse Deck (location of the AC cabins) and the resort deck. You should try to get a cabin under one the quieter areas. I would avoid the gym and the outdoor pool area. The spa area and shops, or other cabins would be best. The Solarium would not be too bad either. The closer to midship the better. This is criteria that should help you with your selection IMO.

Archived