Radiance 8086 or 8168?

BDL

Which cabin would you take? The balcony on 8086 is large for the hump but how much bigger is 8168? Price is very close.

Location on the hump is great - been there before. Never had an aft cabin. The walk wouldn't kill us.

What about movement in the aft cabin?

Thanks for any input.

Which cabin would you take? The balcony on 8086 is large for the hump but how much bigger is 8168? Price is very close.

Location on the hump is great - been there before. Never had an aft cabin. The walk wouldn't kill us.

What about movement in the aft cabin?

Thanks for any input.

If you have not had AFT, go for it.

If you have not had AFT, go for it.

What about movement in the aft cabin? Last several cruises have been hump balconies. Not much movement there. Can anyone who may have cruised in both areas tell me the difference in motion felt?

Thanks,

Barb

My preferences in order are an aft corner, aft, and then the first cabin as one rounds the hump. My wife has in the past had sea sickness and now takes bonine. She hands down prefers aft cabins. When she sees the cabin number and if it isn't aft, she wants to know what happened and why!! One might feel a little vibration, but nothing major.

What about movement in the aft cabin? Last several cruises have been hump balconies. Not much movement there. Can anyone who may have cruised in both areas tell me the difference in motion felt?

Thanks,Barb

Some movement is unavoidable anywhere on a cruise even with the excellent stabilizers on the Radiance class ships. I'd take ginger root for that and go AFT than side. You can ALWAYS get a side on another cruise.

If you are going where it is sunny, definitely go with 8168. It's going to be much larger (the deck plans don't do it justice) than 8086. I have had 8168 and just had hump cabin 1560 when I went to Alaska. There's really no size comparison.

• 4 weeks later...

Would wind be an issue since it is the first cabin on the hump? If you had a choice between Cabin 8086 and Cabin 9594 on the Radiance, which would you choose?

I've also posted this question on the Royal Caribbean board.

Thanks in advance for all who respond.

The cabin itself won't be any larger---it's just the balcony on the aft that's deep. But, that hump cabin has a larger than normal balcony, too! As long as you aren't hosting a dance on your balcony, the hump will be MUCH more convenient and more than large enough!!! Take the hump!

The wind isn't a big issue, unless you're standing right at the rail. The aft balconies don't get hardly any wind, and it can be uncomfortably HOT out there!

I was concerned about effects from the wind because Cabin 8086 is on the end. Thanks for responding that the wind should be no factor. So since both Cabin 8086 and Cabin 9594 are hump cabins, which would you choose?

This will be a Mexican Riviera cruise in March.

I was concerned about effects from the wind because Cabin 8086 is on the end. Thanks for responding that the wind should be no factor. So since both Cabin 8086 and Cabin 9594 are hump cabins, which would you choose?

This will be a Mexican Riviera cruise in March.

Thanks for everyone for replies. We've decided to stick with 8086 for the location.

Seafood - given the choice of 8086 and 9594 I would take 8086 since the other is an adjoining cabin.

I have had both an aft and 8086 on Radiance Class ships. The aft is bigger cabin because it's a D and has a long and deep balcony with 2 lounge chairs and 2 regular chairs. I really didn't feel that much motion, and I usually will notice it. I had 8086 on the Brilliance and I like that cabin also. There is only 1 lounge chair but there are 2 regular chairs. The location is excellent, close to the elevators and stairs. Also it is an E so there is a loveseat instead of a couch. We are sailing the Panama Canal is a couple months and I have 8086 again. I would be happy in either..

Archived