Carnival Freedom L-Shaped Cabin 6450

cruisebie

Before our recent cruise on the Carnival Freedom (6/28-7/4), I looked for some information on the stateroom we booked with not much success. We were booked in one of the L-shaped cabins with an extra long balcony, #6450. There were a few reviews out there, but not many. Since I have seen several posts from other CC’ers looking for the same info, I thought I’d throw my two cents in along with some pictures. So here goes……

Cabin 6450 is the next to last cabin on the port side of deck 6-Upper Deck, next to the aft wrap balcony cabin. You enter the cabin through a sort of mini hallway or alcove, which leads to both 6450 and the aft wrap cabin 6452. For some reason (probably a brain fart caused by a couple of Fun Ship Specials consumed up on the Lido Deck), I neglected to take a picture of the mini hallway. What can I say…..a bad start to my review, but those Fun Ship Specials were really good!

As you open the door to the cabin, there is a long hallway with three closets on your left as you enter (on the right in the picture). Between the door and the closets is a small recessed area with nothing in it. This could be handy for storing a couple of suitcases or something. In the standard balcony cabin, the bathroom door would be on the wall opposite the closets, but in this L-shaped cabin, there is only a wall. On the other side of the wall is a crew stairwell. This is not a problem, though. I never heard any noise at all from this stairwell throughout our cruise. In fact, I never even saw anyone use the stairwell, although surely they must have.

CarnivalFreedomCruiseJune2009215.jpg

Coming further into the room, you can see a flat screen tv. Underneath it is the safe and a dvd player. A small chair and a table is in the corner next to the window. There is no sofa in the cabin, but that’s a small trade off for the extra balcony space, imho.

CarnivalFreedomCruiseJune2009211.jpg

As you come around the corner, you see the king sized bed. The bed is two twin sized beds put together. There is a night stand with lamp on each side of the bed. The bed was so comfy, I could hardly bring myself to get up each morning. That fluffy Carnival comforter just makes it too easy to sleep in. You can see the bathroom door on the other side of the bed. The picture makes it look like there is not much space between the bed and the bathroom door, but there is plenty of room to walk between the two. Also, you can see the balcony door behind the curtain.

CarnivalFreedomCruiseJune2009212.jpg

Here is another shot of the cabin, looking back into the room from the balcony door. The bed faces the window and balcony door. Next to the area with the tv, there is a vanity with a mirror and a few drawers underneath. There is a mini-bar under the counter below the tv. Also, there are a couple of shelves and another small cabinet to the right of the minibar.

CarnivalFreedomCruiseJune2009213.jpg

In the bathroom, there is the standard shower, with body wash and shampoo dispensers. Not much room to put your stuff in the shower, but the small wire soap dish was sufficient for holding my sample size bottles of shampoo, conditioner & body wash and my razor. Hubby made do with the stuff in the dispensers.

CarnivalFreedomCruiseJune2009216.jpg

This is not a great shot of the sink area, but you can see there are several shelves on both sides of the mirror for holding toiletries.

CarnivalFreedomCruiseJune2009217.jpg

We had a sample basket with samples of different flavors of toothpaste, a razor and antacid.

CarnivalFreedomCruiseJune2009219.jpg

The balcony was a little slice of heaven! We had two chairs (one has a reclining back) and a table on the balcony. This cruise was all about relaxation and the balcony provided that hands down. It was so wonderful sitting there being lulled by the sounds of the sea and watching the ocean slide by. A perfect place for morning coffee and afternoon adult beverages.

CarnivalFreedomCruiseJune2009221.jpg

CarnivalFreedomCruiseJune2009222.jpg

Some final thoughts on Cabin 6450………

I did miss having a sofa a little. There were times when we were both in the cabin and it would have been nice to have an extra chair or a sofa. One of us had to sit on the bed, usually me, since DH turned out to be an in-cabin chair hog! This was just a minor inconvenience to me, and was far outweighed by the extra balcony space.

The scale of the pictures makes it look as though, there is not much space in the room. However, we found it was more than adequate for two people. Plenty of storage, too.

Before our cruise I was a little worried that noise from the International Lounge below might be a problem. I’m happy to say this was not the case at all. Most evenings on our cruise, they had karaoke in the International Lounge. Although I could hear the music in the hallway outside the cabin and even faintly in the cabin’s bathroom, I couldn’t hear a thing in the cabin itself. Nada! I’m not sure if this would be the case with the other L-shaped cabins on this deck, but the noise factor was non-existent in 6450.

What we did experience was a lot of vibration as the ship was docking in port. This lasted only a few minutes, but was a little intense while it was happening. This only happened while docking and we didn’t feel any vibration at any other time. Since we were getting up anyway to get ready for our day in port, it really wasn’t a problem.

If you have a chance to book cabin 6450, jump at it! I would book this cabin again in a heartbeat. What’s not to love, with all that extra balcony at an 8A cabin price!

I just booked this same balcony on the Liberty today! Thank You so much for posting these pictures. We usually get the corner aft next to it but booked way to late. This looks like it will do nicely tho! Thanks again!

We had 6452, the 9A wrap next to 6450, the sailing before yours. We met the folks in your cabin and we took peeks in each others cabins and balconys. 6450 is very nice with what I believe is plenty of room. I like the layout of it. We also never heard any noise inside our cabin. We could faintly hear some in the hallway while walking towards the stairs but that was it. I agree with the vibration. It only happened while docking and not for very long. We were always up when it happened and joked about how it would vibrate you out of the bed if you were still asleep! Even though I didn't stay in this cabin, I would highly recomend it too!! But only if I couldn't get a 9A wrap, that balcony is excellent.

Tina

I'm booked on the Valor for a B2B in November, and have 6450 for the first week, 6452 for the second week. (Couldn't get 6450 for both weeks -- but the move next door shouldn't be too bad :p)

Thank you for posting all the photos and descriptions. I've read about the vibration and noise issues, but it sounds like neither of them is too bad. The trade off for the extra balcony space sounds more than fair! :)

I opened my mouth about the extended balcony on my roll calls, and may have to share the space with a few folks along the way, lol. Whoo Hoo -- Party time in 3 months! :D

We had 6452, the 9A wrap next to 6450, the sailing before yours. We met the folks in your cabin and we took peeks in each others cabins and balconys. 6450 is very nice with what I believe is plenty of room. I like the layout of it. We also never heard any noise inside our cabin. We could faintly hear some in the hallway while walking towards the stairs but that was it. I agree with the vibration. It only happened while docking and not for very long. We were always up when it happened and joked about how it would vibrate you out of the bed if you were still asleep! Even though I didn't stay in this cabin, I would highly recomend it too!! But only if I couldn't get a 9A wrap, that balcony is excellent.

Tina

For our sailing, I kept watching for the 9A wrap prices to come down, but they never did. There were several available still, so I had hopes. A 9A would have been wonderful, but 6450 was great and I ended up saving some money (which I promptly spent on my S&S account):rolleyes:

What I would love to do someday, if traveling with family or friends, is get both 6450 & 6452 and open the balcony divider. Talk about one long, heavenly balcony! At the end of the cruise, they would probably have to remove me from the ship kicking & screaming.

I'm booked on the Valor for a B2B in November, and have 6450 for the first week, 6452 for the second week. (Couldn't get 6450 for both weeks -- but the move next door shouldn't be too bad :p)

Thank you for posting all the photos and descriptions. I've read about the vibration and noise issues, but it sounds like neither of them is too bad. The trade off for the extra balcony space sounds more than fair! :)

I opened my mouth about the extended balcony on my roll calls, and may have to share the space with a few folks along the way, lol. Whoo Hoo -- Party time in 3 months! :D

Ooooooo, a B2B!! Now I'm jealous.:p Have a great time partying on both of those great balconies!

Talking about noise, a funny thing happened one evening. I came back to the cabin and realized I was hearing music softly playing. I thought, hmmmmm, it looks like this cabin does have some issues with noise from the lounge. It took me a good 30 minutes to realize, our cabin steward, Hary, left the tv on with the volume on low and turned to one of the ships camera channels. It was very thoughtful of him to do this, it gave the room a nice romantic atmosphere with the lights turned low and all. Unfortunately, at the time I was more in cabin detective mode. I had a good laugh at myself.:)

Thank you for the pictures and review of the cabin. My sister and her husband have booked this on the Dream. Only difference we booked on Empress deck. We have the aft wrap. It is their first cruise so they won't know any difference about the couch!! We have had aft before and know what you mean about the vibration. Wasn't bad enough to stop us from booking afts!! Thanks again, it was very helpful!!

Thank you for the pictures and review of the cabin. My sister and her husband have booked this on the Dream. Only difference we booked on Empress deck. We have the aft wrap. It is their first cruise so they won't know any difference about the couch!! We have had aft before and know what you mean about the vibration. Wasn't bad enough to stop us from booking afts!! Thanks again, it was very helpful!!

I had just gotten over being jealous of Seafun for doing a B2B and now you are telling me you will be sailing in an aft wrap on the Dream with your sister booked in the L-shaped cabin next door. I'm all green again!:D I hope you'll post some cabin info on the aft wrap & L-shaped cabin when you get back!

Wasn't Harry the best room steward?! We loved him.

Tina

He was absolutely the best! Our cabin was immaculate. And whenever we saw him in the hallway, he always took time to speak and ask about our day. It's crew members like Hary that make a cruise extra special.:)

Thanks so much for posting these pictures. We were on the Splendor Transatlantic in this similar cabin and loved it so much that we have booked the Freedom on OCT 2010 B2B 14 days in this EXACT cabin.

The set up is just like on the Splendor except the TV is where the picture is.

Many thanks!!

Thanks so much for posting these pictures. We were on the Splendor Transatlantic in this similar cabin and loved it so much that we have booked the Freedom on OCT 2010 B2B 14 days in this EXACT cabin.

The set up is just like on the Splendor except the TV is where the picture is.

Many thanks!!

:)mixed family see you are also doing the same b2b that my brother and i are doing. I wanted your cabin now i know why not avail. so we moved up to deck 7 1st wk in cabin 7434 2nd wk 7439 we just can't wait for that huge balcony

jamr

• 2 months later...

Hi there

I have 6450 on Valor too in March .Will you give info when you get back

Is it also above a lounge ?

Will we be bothered by noise?

Waiting for your reply

To OP thanks for pix

Looks like a great cabin

Archived