Crown- Plaza deck

allinthesameboat

We were also upgraded on our last cruise on the Golden to Alaska to the plaza deck which is on the same location as the crown princess. While it was a very nice room and quiet area, I personally would have liked to have been up higher on the ship. But that is my opinion, it was nice that it was down below close to all the dining, shopping, theater etc it would have been nicer to have been closer to the buffet, pool, etc. It was very nice for when we had to disembark and went to get our coffee at the coffee shop though. We did not hear any noise from the theater above and as I said it was a very quiet area and our steward was wonderful. That being said, the choice is yours!!! Just wanted to give my opinion.:D

Plaza deck is often the first to sell out. I've seen the inside Plaza cabins priced for more $ than higher categories.

Many people prefer it for access to Vines, the Int'l Cafe, DRs, etc.

It's strictly personal druthers.

I think that a Plaza outside cabin is an excellent location, close to the International Cafe and Vines, and an outside cabin low down is great for hearing and seeing the motion of the ocean while not feeling it very much even in rough seas.

Archived