Does anyone have US Cellular?

While I do not intend to be on the phone very much at all, I would like to be able to call and check in with a few people while on my cruise for various reasons. The last time we went on a cruise, we did not get service through our cell phone carrier (US Cellular). Does anyone have US Cellular and/or know if it is working now? :confused:

TIA

We were in Grand Cayman and Jamaica in March--ours would not work about 2 or 3 hours after leaving Miami. We also did not have service in Cozumel the year before. I sure hope we have service in San Juan and St. Thomas when we go next March.

While I do not intend to be on the phone very much at all, I would like to be able to call and check in with a few people while on my cruise for various reasons. The last time we went on a cruise, we did not get service through our cell phone carrier (US Cellular). Does anyone have US Cellular and/or know if it is working now? :confused:

TIA

I have US Cellular. Last April when we sailed Valor & Fascination I had service in Nassau, St Thomas, Cozumel, & of course Key West. I did need to use my phone in St Maarten, so unsure on that port. Hope this helps some other US Cellular customers.

The ship's service works with the major cell providers so it may not work with US Cellular. At port, it will depend on the local carrier's roaming agreements. They have roaming agreements with the major cell phone carriers, but again, the minor carriers may not have roaming agreements at every port.

• 2 weeks later...

I have US Cellular and I had no signal while on the ship last Feb. I had a signal while in the Bahamas, but it was spotty. I did send 1 text, to 3 people and was charged 3 roaming fees. It may be because US Cellular is CDMA technology and most other major cell companies are GSM technology. There are only 2 cell companies that have service in our area; ATT & US Cellular. Doesn't leave us much options here.

Archived