Amsterdam Dining Room Question

bandlady74

Well, we received our famous "blue folder" today and are very excited about our upcoming cruise to AK! In looking over the dining options, the brochure we received only mentions the main dining room in regards to dinner. Are breakfast and lunch served there, as well? On days when we are not in port first thing in the AM we'd like a "sit-down" breakfast, if possible. Any idea how early we can get breakfast each day? We are early risers.

Thanks for your help.

Amy:)

The dining room is open for breakfast every morning. I can't remember the hours exactly, and they may change a bit, but I remember them as being 8:00-9:00, or 8:30-9:30.

There's continental breakfast, and full breakfast in the Lido earlier (and later), as well as room service earlier.

The dining room isn't open every day for lunch. It's usually open on sea days, and may be open on port days. When open, the hours are 12:00 noon to 1:00 PM.

Check your Daily Program to be sure the dining room is open, and the hours of operation.

Well, we received our famous "blue folder" today and are very excited about our upcoming cruise to AK! In looking over the dining options, the brochure we received only mentions the main dining room in regards to dinner. Are breakfast and lunch served there, as well? On days when we are not in port first thing in the AM we'd like a "sit-down" breakfast, if possible. Any idea how early we can get breakfast each day? We are early risers.

Thanks for your help.

Don't forget you can also order Room Service. You mention that you are early risers - so am I. The dining room doesn't open as early as the Lido, and there are usually several waiting for the full breakfast service to open in the Lido. So a nice alternative is to use Room Service. You are not limited to what is printed on the card. Write in anything additional you want, and remember to be specific. They usually come through with exactly what you want.

If you are willing to wait until the dining room opens, it is a much more sane option for breakfast than the Lido, IMO. You can just sit and watch the scenery, and not have to scramble about getting breakfast and drinks.

Chaz

Thanks for your help.

Dear Amy,

We just got back from the AK cruise on the Amsterdam on July 18th, and since I kept the daily programs, I can give you the hours from our cruise. Please bear in mind that this was a charter, so their usual dining hours may be slightly different. I hope this helps!

Day 1, Seattle: Lunch 12NN-1:30PM

Day 2, At Sea: Breakfast 8:00AM-9:30AM; Lunch 12NN-1:00PM

Day 3, Juneau: Breakfast 7:30AM-9:00AM; No lunch in main dining room

Day 4, Hubbard Glacier: Breakfast 8:00AM-9:30AM; Lunch 12NN-1:00PM

Day 5, Sitka: Breakfast 7:00AM-9:00AM; No lunch in main dining room

Day 6, Ketchikan: 7:00AM-9:00AM; Lunch 12NN-1:30PM

Day 7, Victoria, Canada:Breakfast 8:00AM-9:30AM; Lunch 12NN-1:00PM

"Betty"

Archived