Cruise director - spirit

um, this one's a little odd - but it looks like it's chris roberts.

check here:

http://johnheald.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/cd-schedule-june-december-2009-cd-schedule.jpg

chris roberts is cd as of beginning of august (as re: to your cruise - actually as early as june), then it notes stuart dunn on 8/07-8/19, but doesn't note chris roberts getting off (maybe it's training or something?)... stuart dunn back on 9/28, chris roberts off 10/10, then stuard dunn cd through december...

they rarely look like this on the schedule - so the way i read it it's chris roberts. but like i said - a little weird, so that could be wrong :D

from John's blog a couple weeks ago, part of a letter from Chris "Bubba" Roberts:

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2009/07/03/steaks-bottoms-and-heidi/

"Soon I will be having a visitor from another cruise director, Stuart Dunn. He is going to come and sail with me for a few weeks in August to prepare him for next year as he will be replacing me on the Spirit for the next Alaska season. He will spend the two weeks familiarizing himself with Alaska and the Spirit. I have already spoke to Stu a couple of times and he is very excited to be coming. After our two weeks together he will be going on a vacation, then joining the Spirit again on Sept. 28, and take over from me on October 10."

Hi, my dh and I were on the Spirit last year and had Chris Roberts. He is fantastic. If they still do the Blues Brothers show, it is a must see. Chris is in it and he is great. He's also very approachable.Does anyone know where he will be going to next. I sure hope it's at a port in Fla. Enjoy your cruise.

Hi, my dh and I were on the Spirit last year and had Chris Roberts. He is fantastic. If they still do the Blues Brothers show, it is a must see. Chris is in it and he is great. He's also very approachable.Does anyone know where he will be going to next. I sure hope it's at a port in Fla. Enjoy your cruise.

He is getting married and leaving Carnival.

Stewart has left the Elation and gone to the Spirit. We were on the Elation in May and talked to him and mentioned we would be back on Aug. 8th. He said he would be gone to the Spirit then. Great guy. We will see him on the Spirit over New Years.

Anyone know anything about this Steve Kinsley guy? We will be on in a couple of weeks...:confused:

I've been on the Elation three times in the past year and Stu was great each time. He gets the energy going. The Elation had the Blues show too and it is a must see. I also was on the murder cruise a couple of weeks ago and no one was dancing in the Blues show. Stu came in, got everyone up and the room was rocking from then on. He also makes horse racing so exciting you almost forget that they are wooden horses. He did tell me he was going to the Spirit, but we didn't talk dates.

My wife and I were on the Spirit on the Alaska southbound cruise July 1st. We had a CC meet and greet in one of the lounges. Chris and a few other ship's officers met with us. We really asked Chris a lot of questions. He is retiring October 1st and has no plans at this point. He intends to have a "real life" as being at sea for the 15 years has prevented roots. He is marrying another crew member who works at the purser's desk. He said he did not want to get into the whole interviewing process with months to go before he would be available:rolleyes:. The vast majority opinion was that Carnival should hire him to work for them on land. He was great:)!

P.S. This was our fourth cruise and first time ever to Alaska...can not think of anything I would recommend higher:D!

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE INFO. I GUESS ON MY CRUISE WE'LL BE GETTING THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS OR SHOULD I SAY CD'S!

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE BLUES SHOW AND "WASHING THE DOG" (whatever that means:confused:). I GUESS I'LL SOON FIND OUT :D

Thanks, again.

Marilyn

• 2 weeks later...

We had Stu as our CD on the Elation and he was great, a lot of fun. There was a Blues show (as in Blues music) but not a Blues Brothers show. The Blues show was fantastic though. We are planning on the Spirit for the 8 night to Mexico late 2009 or early 2010 and I am very happy to hear Stu will be the CD!

Jen

After having sailed with both Stu and Chris in the last year, I would have to say I like Stu more. I liked Stu more than any cruise director I ever sailed with. His all in all the time style really got me. I thought he would slow down after a few days but he kept it going. You see him everywhere, part of the show but I bought it. I supose Chris would say 15 years will slow you down. From the great following he has I would guess I didn't see him at his peak. I wish him well and hope he passes all he can on to Stu as he moves on to new life.

Sucks that Chris is leaving, he was great on our Alaska cruise! I liked his morning show, he has a type of dry humor that I really enjoy. Sort of a Judd Apatow style of matter of fact quips and pop culture jibes. There were even a few digs on that circus freak "Octomom" which was just spectacular!

Archived