European Cruise: Masquerade Party???

Jrabbit128

I am going on the Carnival Dream this October and we are overnight in Venice. I want to know when is the Masquerade Party, the night we are in Venice or the night we leave from Venice? I don't want to miss out on the party!!

Well, since Dream hasn't sailed yet, and Carnival isn't doing Europe now, I don't think there is anyone who can tell you, other than Todd Wittmer, who will be your cruise director. And he probably hasn't got the details down yet. But it sounds like a question you might pose to John Heald's blog...EM

It's when you leave Venice. That is the way RCCL has been doing it and I don't think Carnival would be any different. That is because in Venice, they have places that make those "masks". That's why they do it there.

We did the Venice overnight on the Carnival Freedom in 2007 and there was no actual masquerade party. But during sailaway leaving Venice there was a deck party with everyone wearing their masks. It was a lot of fun and it was great to watch it again on the TV when they played the videos again.

We did the Venice overnight on the Carnival Freedom in 2007 and there was no actual masquerade party. But during sailaway leaving Venice there was a deck party with everyone wearing their masks. It was a lot of fun and it was great to watch it again on the TV when they played the videos again.[/quot

Same here, the sail away party was classed as a Masquerade aprty and everyone was up on deck wearing the masks they had bought whilst in Venice.

We are booked on the Dream inagural and it will most probably be the same again

Thanks for all the advise. I am assuming that the sailaway party starts when we are leaving port, which is at 5:00pm? The only reason I ask is because I booked the Supper Club for the night we leave Venice but I really don't want to miss the "masquerade" party.

Archived