Sometimes it does pay to make final payment early.

Toto2Kansas

Especially when booking air with Princess.

We paid off the second portion of our back to back cruise early, and even though we haven't reached final payment date yet, our air showed up this morning on our Princess booking.

We did not pay the deviation fee, so we didn't really care all that much what flight we were placed on (ATN from Tahiti to LAX), kind of like booking a guarantee on the ship. It wasn't like there were tons of flights to choose from.

But, since our air showed up already, and our seating assignments, I could do a quick check. They had us assigned seats in the middle section of the 2 X 4 X 2 seating configuration. We have flown back from Tahiti before in the middle section and it isn't the most comfortable seating by far for a flight of 8+ hours.

I quickly called ATN as soon as I saw the air and they said no two seats across were available on our flight. By the time I hung up the phone, our seating assignments had changed to the seats we wanted.

If I would have waited until after final payment, I doubt I would have been able to switch.

So, I got lucky this time and was able to make the flight just a little more comfortable for the both of us. :) :)

Hi toto2kansas,

Well done all you need now is an up grade to the owners suite.

yours Shogun

We did, but it sure wasn't one of those complimentary ones, for both legs of the B2B. Figured we could pay for first class flights (which all arrive at the same place at the same time), or we could pay for the OS suite for 21 days (it was actually about a wash as far as price went). The OS won! :)

We did, but it sure wasn't one of those complimentary ones, for both legs of the B2B. Figured we could pay for first class flights (which all arrive at the same place at the same time), or we could pay for the OS suite for 21 days (it was actually about a wash as far as price went). The OS won! :)

We did the same thing, Toto. We went in Feb (rainy season, but no rain for us:D) and stayed two days pre and two days post for the same price flying first class would have cost. We had the 2 seats on the side & it wasn't bad at all. Have a wonderful time. Hope you are in either deck 6 or 7, we had deck 8 once & it while it was a wonderful suite we had a lot of noise from the pool/buffet area late at night and very early in the morning.

Jan in Mi

We did the same thing, Toto. We went in Feb (rainy season, but no rain for us:D) and stayed two days pre and two days post for the same price flying first class would have cost. We had the 2 seats on the side & it wasn't bad at all. Have a wonderful time. Hope you are in either deck 6 or 7, we had deck 8 once & it while it was a wonderful suite we had a lot of noise from the pool/buffet area late at night and very early in the morning.

Jan in Mi

Thanks Jan! Yes, we were able to book the deck 6 OS for both legs, thanks to someone on our roll call agreeing to switch OS suites with us. Originally we had to change cabins after the first leg, but she offered to switch deck 6 suites with us to avoid that hassle. Definitely bringing her some suprises to thank her. ;)

Agreed, Toto. The 2-seats sections on the outsides of the aisles are preferable.

That's what we had on the outbound flight, but coming back, we were in the center, 4-across section. We were at least able to change our seating assignment to 2 aisle seats, so it felt like we had a little more room. Not optimal, but better than stuck in the middle of the 4 seat section.

Last time we were in Tahiti my husband became ill on the last day (a man cold...much worse than a woman cold:eek:) so we asked to be upgraded to business class. We were lucky & were able to pay the extra price that was MUCH lower than what we would have paid upfront...then when we got our credit card bill the price was even lower due to the exchange rate the day that our charge hit. So, can't hurt to try:cool:.

Jan in Mi

Archived