My Honeymoon Cruise (also first cruise ever) itinerary...

SJChaput

What do you think of the complete itinerary we have planned for our first cruise coming up in September.

We're going to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Isla Roatan on the Legend for 7 days.

We're staying in a balcony stateroom.

Grand Cayman we're going through Native Way for their Stingray and Reef snorkeling tour.

Cozumel we're going through Wild Tours to do their ATV jungle tour then going to Paradise Beach to do some drinking and to enjoy some water fun and a nice long couples massage on the beach.

Belize we're doing the Major Tom cave tubing and POSSIBLY Zip-lining if I can get over my mortal fear of it.

Isla Roatan we're going to Fins n Flippers to CHILLLLLLLLLLLAX.

Last night on the boat we're gonna go to the supper club.

For the ports we're going to what do you think of the activities we have planned and what would YOU do differently (without spending a lot more money)

I am SOOOOOOO excited... (Not sure what I am more excited about the cruise or the wedding the day before :)

Sounds like you have it covered!

The only thing I would rethink is doing the Supper Club...errr, Steak House, on the last night.

It generally lasts about 2-2 1/2 hours. So depending on what time your reservations are, it could be late. This is also the night you set your luggage out (unless you're doing self-assist). Also, for me, it would be a shame to miss the dining room on the last night.

We were on the Legend last year and did the Sting Ray and snorkeling in GC with Native Way - it was fantastic. The crew was wonderful and very funny and accomodating. We also did the dolphin swim in Roatan at Anthony's Key (not sure if it's the same as Fins and Flippers) but that was really cool as well. The rest of your itin sounds exciting although we've not done them. Enjoy your trip and your honeymoon! ;)

The only thing I would rethink is doing the Supper Club...errr, Steak House, on the last night.

It generally lasts about 2-2 1/2 hours. So depending on what time your reservations are, it could be late. This is also the night you set your luggage out (unless you're doing self-assist). Also, for me, it would be a shame to miss the dining room on the last night.

Mona is probably right on the supper club. What we did was pick a night that we did not particularly care for the main show and that was the night we did the supper club. You definitely do not want to miss the supper club - for $30 each, it is really superior to the dinners you will get in the main dining room.

Fair point, might have to re-arrange that for another night.

As Joepeka said I guess find what night it fits the best and go with it.

Gotta pack and everything that night... Will fit it in earlier in the week.

Sooo excited :D

I did this same itinerary on the Valor in April.....awesome ports!! It sounds like you have some great stuff planned.

The only thing that I did that was similar to your excursions was the stingrays and snorkeling in GC. The stingrays are sooooo cool!!! This is a once in a lifetime thing, and you will LOVE it. The snorkeling in GC was so beautiful.

I also LOVED Roatan! We didn't do Fins and Flippers, but I have heard from many others on our cruise that it is a great place to go!

You are going to have an awesome time!!!

I did the same ports on Valor as well. Did Nativeway in GC and had an okay time, but unfortunately, we had EXTREMELY rough waters. Hopefully, they will be calmer for you. Did Major Tom in Belize and ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. Best excursion of the trip. I wanted to do Fins & Flippers in Roatan, but my family overruled me and we did Victor Bodden instead. I regret it, and if I went back, I would DEFINITELY do Fins & Flippers. In Cozumel, we did Chankanaab, which was lovely, but I'm sure Paradise beach is lovely, too.

Have a great time.

Been to all these mutliple times. My only advise is:

Grand Cayman - make sure you are going to String Ray City. There are other string ray excursions there and they try and tell you "oh String Ray City is too crowded". It is popular, but there is no substitution.

Roatan - FIrst time there I did the "Fins-n-Flippers", which is the beach. You should know it's a very nice beach, but the country doesn't allow their beaches to be sprayed for sand mites, so make sure you cover your legs with Off or some other bug spray. Also, I thought the snorkling there was very poor. I'm not a big fan of Roatan, but others like it.

Cozumel - there are sooooo many things to do there and I have loved every excursion. You can't go wrong in Cozumel. Enjoy.

Belize - I love this country. They love their country. They also love Americans. If you've never done ziplining get over your fears and do it. Costa Maya if the best place for ziplining, Belize the second best. If you can't make youself do the ziplining I would recommend doing the Mayan Ruins and Rain Forest. If you've never been to a rain forest before it is something to behold. Words cannot describe the beauty and awe. Whether you do this or ziplining, you will be out in the wild, so take a can of Off (bug repellent) per person, you probably only need one can, but be nice and have one for the others that didn't know to bring it. And don't not go because of this, you'll be fine as long as your spray yourself well.

Good pick on the balcony room, but you do know it's going to be hard to downgrade on any subsequent cruise. :p

Congrads on your marriage.

I did the same ports on Valor as well. Did Nativeway in GC and had an okay time, but unfortunately, we had EXTREMELY rough waters. Hopefully, they will be calmer for you. Did Major Tom in Belize and ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. Best excursion of the trip. I wanted to do Fins & Flippers in Roatan, but my family overruled me and we did Victor Bodden instead. I regret it, and if I went back, I would DEFINITELY do Fins & Flippers. In Cozumel, we did Chankanaab, which was lovely, but I'm sure Paradise beach is lovely, too.

Have a great time.

Regarding your tour with Victor Bodden - was there a reason you regretted it? Any problems? or ??? I am wondering cuz I was going to use VB for a tour of the island, and then stop at a beach for snorkelling, etc.

Sounds to me like Fins and Flippers is great - and my kind of a place - but as this will be my first time in Roatan (last time we could not get off the ship due to 'civil unrest'!) I feel I should see something of the island and not just go off to another beach!

Any info appreciated!

I think you have a wonderful week ahead of you!

I would also suggest doing the supper club a different night. Although you'll enjoy it any night, the last night in the dining room is kind of special ;) Plus, if you make really great friends, it's your last night together (we were seated with another honeymoon couple on our honeymoon, and we still keep in touch and are close friends, so the last night with them at dinner was nice).

Regarding your tour with Victor Bodden - was there a reason you regretted it? Any problems? or ??? I am wondering cuz I was going to use VB for a tour of the island, and then stop at a beach for snorkelling, etc.

It was just too much driving time in horrible traffic. We got into the van and it literally took 25 minutes just to pull out of the driveway because there was never a gap in the traffic. I was traveling with four children under 7, and being stuck in a vehicle that didn't move with little kids wasn't my cup of tea... The driver was great and extremely accommodating, and it was a great deal, but when I'm in a port, if I'm going to spend a ton of time driving, there had better be an awesome payoff (like the cave-tubing in Belize).

Also, I'm a tremendous dog person, and seeing all of the emaciated dogs around the towns in Roatan broke my heart all day long. I imagine that you don't see that at Fins and Flippers...

I guess I may be the odd man on the totem pole here :rolleyes:, but we always do Supper Clubs the last night.....Gives us that last night of thorough pampering, a romantic ambiance combined with a wonderful meal compared to the MDR, and good last night memories..... Missing the dining room for us the last night is not an issue....I don't really care for the farewell songs and heavy butt kissing by Maitre'd and staff as well as reminders to rate them highly on guest comment cards ! But to each his or her own.... just my personal preference.

As for packing the last night, we do that each day as clothes are used, makes it for an easy last minute packing for us and we usually don't get our luggage outside until 1 - 2 am that morning and never had any problems retrieving luggage when disembarking.

Have a GREAT CRUISE and CONGRATS on your HoneyMoon.... :D

PS.... You did some great planning for your itinerary...pretty much the same we have done at those ports of call....you will be very pleased with the tour operators you selected I assure you. Don't forget the sunscreen :cool:

Have a very happy honeymoon!

this is a great itinerary....I agree with a previous poster about packing as you go along.

I do this also...each day I put clothes that are not going to be worn anymore into the suitcase....saves so much time!

I like your plans....I would maybe change two things..

On your Grand Cayman tour with Native way, I would do the Reef Rays and Rum Point tour. Rum Point is very beautiful. It includes lunch which they take your order for after snorkeling and is ready for you when you arrive....

In Belize, I would go with Yhony at cavetubing.com They keep you very very safe and make your trip lots of fun! These are just personal opinions and others may disagree.

Whatever you choose, I am sure it will be a blast.

Have a great time!

In Belize, I would go with Yhony at cavetubing.com They keep you very very safe and make your trip lots of fun! These are just personal opinions and others may disagree.

Have you ever done Major Tom to compare? They also keep you very very safe and make your trip lots of fun. On the Belize board, there are numerous supporters of both Yohnny and Major Tom. I don't think you can go wrong with either, but I read dozens of threads, and at the end, chose Major Tom.

What do you think of the complete itinerary we have planned for our first cruise coming up in September.

We're going to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Isla Roatan on the Legend for 7 days.

We're staying in a balcony stateroom.

Grand Cayman we're going through Native Way for their Stingray and Reef snorkeling tour.

Cozumel we're going through Wild Tours to do their ATV jungle tour then going to Paradise Beach to do some drinking and to enjoy some water fun and a nice long couples massage on the beach.

Belize we're doing the Major Tom cave tubing and POSSIBLY Zip-lining if I can get over my mortal fear of it.

Isla Roatan we're going to Fins n Flippers to CHILLLLLLLLLLLAX.

Last night on the boat we're gonna go to the supper club.

For the ports we're going to what do you think of the activities we have planned and what would YOU do differently (without spending a lot more money)

I am SOOOOOOO excited... (Not sure what I am more excited about the cruise or the wedding the day before :)

I'd suggest that you do one excursion only per port. Crank in more 'you time,' instead. Doubling tours can be so rushed as to be like work, not play. The ports will be there next cruise too.

Have you ever done Major Tom to compare? They also keep you very very safe and make your trip lots of fun. On the Belize board, there are numerous supporters of both Yohnny and Major Tom. I don't think you can go wrong with either, but I read dozens of threads, and at the end, chose Major Tom.

Actually no I haven't. I think at the time that I chose Yhony, there were bad reports about Major Tom....I am not saying that he is a bad tour operator or anything like that....I just chose Yhony because of all the great reviews that I read about him. which I found to be true when we went with him. I haven't read any reviews lately of either of them. I am sure either will be a great time!

On your Grand Cayman tour with Native way, I would do the Reef Rays and Rum Point tour. Rum Point is very beautiful. It includes lunch which they take your order for after snorkeling and is ready for you when you arrive....

Whatever you choose, I am sure it will be a blast.

Have a great time!

We've done Rays, Reef and Rum Point a couple of times and loved it! Carnival now has a Sting Ray excursion that goes to Rum Point as well, so the beach is quite a bit more crowded.

On the plus side, it's great fun to go to the bar and get my Rum Point Sunset and watch the faces of the people on the Carnival excursion when they order food and drinks and found out the price. With Nativeways, the price includes lunch.

We've also cave-tubed with Yhony and can recommend his company.

Congratulations!!!

We took almost this same cruise for our first in 2006 when the Miracle was sailing from Tampa. Only difference was Costa Maya instead of Roatan at that time.

We also used Nativeways for the Rays, Reef & Rumpoint tour. It was a fantastic tour with great guides. The stingrays are one of those experiences you will always remember and lunch at Rum Point is fantastic. Unfortunately our view was soured by the fact that we almost missed the ship and Nativeways seemed to have no clue about the differences in ship time vs. port time. This was several years ago - hopefully they have fixed this issue by now! We basically had a last tender time that was 2 hours earlier than the Valor but we were in a combined tour with people from the Valor. So while everyone on the Valor had the time of their lives on the way back because they still had 2 more hours - those of us from the Miracle were flipping! We didn't get to do the beach or shopping afterwards as promised, either - we literally had to make the bus pull over, let us off, and run for the pier. The ship was already pulling away by the time we made it up to our room to drop our stuff off. So keep an eye on the time and speak up if it looks iffy as there is often bad traffic on the way back to the Georgetown in Grand Cayman. We got lucky the day we went or we would have missed the ship.

Cozumel I have never done the ATV thing - one trip we just wandered around downtown but got fed up with the pushy vendors. Second time we went to Playa Uvas for the day and it was incredible - all inclusive for the day on a beautiful beach.

Cave tubing in Belize is also incredible - both Major Tom and Yhony get great reviews. We used Yhony and he was awesome.

I've actually never been to the supper club on a cruise yet, but I do have to agree with most other posters that the last night you are tired, have to pack, and get your luggage in the hall by a certain time. I also like to go to the regular dining room the last night to say goodbye to our waiters for the week.

Have a fantastic honeymoon - you will love it!

Same itinerary we're doing for our honeymoon, but different ships. Give us a review when you get back!

Oops...just realized you said Grand Caymen. We're going to Costa Maya instead.

Costa Maya is a better port in my opinion than Grand Cayman. I love going to the ruins (Chachoben and Tulum). I can give you a great referral for a tour in Costa Maya that was well worth the money. He will tailor the trip to what you want to do. We chose Tulum and snorkeling with sea turtles. If I remember it was around $75 for me as a single person, but the couples I went with were charged just over $100 total. We were gone for 7-8 hours.

I highly recommend swimming with the Dolphins if you can swing it. It will be a memory of a lifetime. I swam with the Dolphins in Cozumel (twice) and would gladly pay to do it again.

We've done Rays, Reef and Rum Point a couple of times and loved it! Carnival now has a Sting Ray excursion that goes to Rum Point as well, so the beach is quite a bit more crowded.

On the plus side, it's great fun to go to the bar and get my Rum Point Sunset and watch the faces of the people on the Carnival excursion when they order food and drinks and found out the price. With Nativeways, the price includes lunch.

We've also cave-tubed with Yhony and can recommend his company.

So Carnival has added Rum Point? Hmmm...I hate to see that beautiful place get overcrowded. It is a little slice of heaven.

Archived