Question re vaporetti

AmoMondo

This is probably a bit of a daft question, however, can anyone tell me do the vaporetti stops have the place name on them so that you know where to get off? Do the stops also tell you what route you can get from there?

Many thanks

This is probably a bit of a daft question, however, can anyone tell me do the vaporetti stops have the place name on them so that you know where to get off? Do the stops also tell you what route you can get from there?

Many thanks

There are large signs posted on each vaporetti stop, but I do not remember if there is route information at each one.

We requested and received a complete vaporetto route map when we purchased our pass before we first used a vaporetto at the train station stop. It is excellent, very helpful in plotting our destinations in Venice.

Every Vaporetto stop has the name of the stop posted on several signs. The stops also have signs that tell you which vaporettos go to each stop (they post the various Vaporetto route numbers such as #1, #2, etc). In congested vaporetto areas such as adjacent to St Marks Square there are several different vaporetto stops and you do need to find the one that has vaporettto number you want. At the Piazzale Roma vaporetto pier, there are also several different stops (they are all in a line along the same pier) and each is labled with the number vaporettos that stop at that particular area. In practice it is quite easy.

Hank

Many thanks

Frommer's Venice Day by Day has a fold-out map of the vaporetto system on the inside cover. It shows all the routes and stops and is quite handy when planning a day out in Venice. :)

Archived