Honey candies from Florence cathedral?

sandinmyshoes

We visited the first church in Florence (San Miniato) on our private excursion to the area. It is on a hill overlooking Florence and Tuscany. The monks here have a little shop selling herbs and such. One of those "such" is a honey candy that is simply amazing. If you get a chance I would recommend buying some for yourself and possibly souveniers. It is THAT good.

We live in Houston, TX and would love it if someone is going there and has room to bring us back a bag. I will be happy to pay for it and shipping from your US location to ours. Please don't go out of your way though. I don't want to take away from your touring time of experiencing all you can in Florence. It's an amazing city and deserves as much time as you have to devote to it. If however, you happen to stop there on your own tour (ours was with rome in limo and I think they take most people there as it gives such a nice view for pictures), and the little shop is open and it's not too much trouble I'd appreciate it. It's one of those silly things I can't get out of my head. We are returning to Italy this fall, but won't have the pleasure of visiting Florence so now I'm looking for alternate ways to get my fix. :p

If you think you might be able to help...feel free to email me at wishiwascruising@yahoo.com with honey candy in the title. Thanks a million!

Archived