Upgrade Questions - Help!

canjay95

Our cruise in January is offering a free upgrade to past guests. We all want to stay next to each other so our friends don't want the upgrade. Is there anything else we can trade it for or is it just a take it or leave it deal? We've never cruised Carnival but our friends have. I thought I'd ask all you experts!

Thanks!

A friend traveling with us passed on the upgrade too but no other offer was made in lieu of the upgrade. The upgrade would've put her on a higher deck (higher cost, thus the "upgrade") but we all wanted to be near each other on the same deck.

Sometimes an "upgrade" is not an "upgrade." All the cabins are basically the same size. You pay more for a higher deck and location. So if you have a nice cabin on Deck 7 in the middle of the ship you are happy with, your "upgrade" may be to Deck 9 at the very front of the ship or the back far from stairs and elevators or it could be next to a service area with an ice machine dumping every hour or under the pool deck or disco. I'd sure want to know just where my upgrade will put me and if they say words like "best available" which is a guarantee to be assigned later no way would I take it. While you might get lucky--some people have gone from inside to balcony--the odds are you could be assigned a cabin that is not very desirable because no one bought it and they want to fill the ship.

Tucker in Texas

Archived