Visa Points

Yes, call the # on back of your card. The operator will get your info and send you certificates for the amount of points you have. (example we had 20,000. We got 1 15,000 and 1 5,000) Once you get them fill out the back of them and let them know what you want to do with them. Onboard credit, etc. Then mail them in to RC address on the front. They told me our credit would be posted on our account on our cruise. This was the first time I did this. It wasn't difficult.

I have enough points for a free cruise, 4 nights, for two.

When I called BOA the operator said they just issue the vouchers, they don't know what any # of points qualifies you for, there would be selections to make on the voucher as to what you wish to use them for- my question is- if I redeem them now, would they be here in time for me to use them on a 13th August cruise on Enchantment? If they were to arrive later than the cruise can I send them in when they do arrive?? RCCL customer service did not know how the system works....;) ... seems to me that in the information age that BOA could link with RCCL and just send the points voucher right on over without waiting "2- 4 weeks"- wouldn't you think? :confused:

ok- another question - Do you have to have a reservation number to begin the process of requesting the point certificate? We are still working out the final details of what we want to book for a group of us.

Also, we are booking the 8 day on the Independence. We have 125K Royal points which can be used for a companion fare on a 7 night OR a 9-12 night cruise. UGH! Anyone know if they will let me pay the difference for the 8 night. It seems all of the rewards are for anything BUT the 8 night cruise.

Thanks for any info!

I have enough points for a free cruise, 4 nights, for two.

When I called BOA the operator said they just issue the vouchers, they don't know what any # of points qualifies you for, there would be selections to make on the voucher as to what you wish to use them for- my question is- if I redeem them now, would they be here in time for me to use them on a 13th August cruise on Enchantment? If they were to arrive later than the cruise can I send them in when they do arrive?? RCCL customer service did not know how the system works....;) ... seems to me that in the information age that BOA could link with RCCL and just send the points voucher right on over without waiting "2- 4 weeks"- wouldn't you think? :confused:[/quote

You must redeem your points and mail to RCI before you board. They stipulate it can take up to 2-4 weeks to receive the coupons. My experience, they normally take a week or so. You can request the certificate numbers when you redeem them and call them in to RCI C&A (1-888-305-4626). They will apply them to your reservation. But you still need to fill them out and mail them in to complete the credit.

ok- another question - Do you have to have a reservation number to begin the process of requesting the point certificate? We are still working out the final details of what we want to book for a group of us.

Also, we are booking the 8 day on the Independence. We have 125K Royal points which can be used for a companion fare on a 7 night OR a 9-12 night cruise. UGH! Anyone know if they will let me pay the difference for the 8 night. It seems all of the rewards are for anything BUT the 8 night cruise.

Thanks for any info!

No, not to redeem, but you must have you reservation number when you send it in to RCI.

Does anyone know how I turn in my points? Is there a web site? Or do I have to call?

Call BOA 1-800-421-2110 to redeem points. Ask for the cerficate number when you redeemed them. Call RCI 1-888-305-4626 and give them your reservation number (booking ID #) and the cerificate number(s) and they will apply to your reservation. Then, when you get the coupons, fill them out and mail them in:

Royal Caribbean International

ATTN: Crown & Anchor Society

4729 S Palisade

Wichita, KS 67217

Thanks for any info!

For an 8 night cruise they only give you $1250 credit against your cruise cost.

For the same amount of points you can get a free OV cabin for 2 on a 7 night Caribbean cruise, and pay the upcharge for a balcony if you want one.

Call BOA 1-800-421-2110 to redeem points. Ask for the cerficate number when you redeemed them. Call RCI 1-888-305-4626 and give them your reservation number (booking ID #) and the cerificate number(s) and they will apply to your reservation. Then, when you get the coupons, fill them out and mail them in:

Royal Caribbean International

ATTN: Crown & Anchor Society

4729 S Palisade

Wichita, KS 67217

My, and I believe I've read others have had the same experience, is that BofA won't give you the certificate numbers anymore. They did the first time for me, but not the last time I called to redeem my points. I still called RCI at the number you gave and applied the certificates as I wished as soon as the certificates arrived in the mail.

BTW, make copies of the certificates before you mail them out and take those with you. I've had no bad experiences but I've read where others have and the copies have helped solved the situation at the pursers desk.

I just called BOA a week or so ago to request certs and was given the numbers no problem. I didn't even need the #'s right away - the rep just offered them and our cruise isnt until October :confused:

BTW, rec'd the certs in less than 10 days.

~Connie

I just called BOA a week or so ago to request certs and was given the numbers no problem. I didn't even need the #'s right away - the rep just offered them and our cruise isnt until October :confused:

BTW, rec'd the certs in less than 10 days.

~Connie

I guess it depends on which rep you get when you call. I bet yours was smiling that day. Mine was "in control." ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this info. I just followed your instructions, ordered the certificates, the gracious rep offered and gave me the Certificate numbers, and even looked up what various Points would be redeemed for without my asking: Example 5,000 = $50 OBC, 15,000 = $150 OBC.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

• 1 month later...

I can tell you my recent experience.

On 8/24 I ordered 2 certificates, 1 for 50,000 points & 1 for 75,000 points that together would give DH & I a free OV cabin on our Thanksgiving Liberty OTS cruise. I was given the certificate numbers and called C&A to have them applied. The rep quoted me a savings of $1044 per person (even though the rate online was $1099), so $2088 in total.

On 8/29 the certificates were printed and mailed and I received them on 9/4.

I called C&A because the credit wasn't showing on my reservation and was told the certificates wouldn't be applied until they arrived. I overnighted the certificates because final payment was due on 9/13 and I was hoping not to have to put that money on my cc.

On 9/10 I called C&A since the credit STILL wasn't showing on my reservation and was told that the certificates would NOT be processed in time and that I should make final payment or I would loose my reservation.

As of today, 9/19 the credit still hasn't shown up on my reservation.

I'm going to give it another 2 weeks and then call again. Luckily we still have time before sailing.

Archived