Seattle hotels Priceline

Majesty Fan

SAN: Anytime, its nice to be able to shre Seattle it is a wonderfuly city that I knwo you will enjoy. After you have the hotel check back and let us know I can recommend restaurants and other activites.

Deb

Sailor: you will love the Westin, it is right in the downtown area and if you like good Italian I would recommend Tulio ($$), its about three blocks up from where you are at and the hotel can make arrangements for you; or if you prefer steaks the Metropolitan Grill is the best in town ($$$) and about three blocks below you, or for seafood I would recommend Anothony's home pier (has an expensive sit down area and a lower walk up area) and rigth next to the pier for the ship.

Enjoy your visit and have a great trip :)

Our group wants to spend between $100-$150. The young adults in our group can't afford the 4 star hotels. I was looking through the AAA tour book and saw some hotels and motels located near the Seattle Center. Street boundries are Denny Way, Westlake Ave.,Broad St and Mercer St. Is this a convients area to find resturants and not too far from the pier where the Mercury docks?

I will ask for group rate or rack rate. My daughter's boyfriend finds really good deals on Priceline, but I don't know if you can use it for groups.

Thank You!

Do NOT ask for the Rack Rate. Rack rate is the highest rate there is.

Beachtravel; You will be happy with the double tree, it is clean a bit loud but that is to be expected with the airport right there. We always stay at double tree when we fly out of Seatac. Are you aware that you will not be able to go into Seattle it is about a 15 minute drive. There are a few restaurants in the area but it is a typical airport area.

• 2 months later...

For our pre-cruise stay on July 30, 2005 I just had a successful bid for the 4* Alexis Hotel in Downtown Seattle near Pike Place for $112. This is a large scale historical boutique hotel (smaller than the huge chains, but larger than the smaller boutiques. It's part of the Kimpton Group. I've stayed in these in San Francsico and have been pleased.

The location in Seattle is perfect. Close to Pike Place Market and the waterfront.

I wanted a hotel near there, so for Priceline, if you put in Downtown you MIGHT get a hotel closer to Seattle Center/Space Needle, which I did NOT want. Since the only 4* hotels are in Downtown closer to Pike Place, I knew I would be safe bidding in that area. I know I could have gotten a 3* for under a $100 (like Crowne Plaza)....BUT there is no guarantee I won't get the Holiday Inn further out near Seattle Center. We have a limited time in the City, so I want it to be easy walking access to various tourist sights. :)

Hubbay and I are are doing Alaska in August and want to come to Seattle for a few days prior to the cruise. What are hotles in Downtown Seattle going for on Priceline? And what hotels are they?

Lexi

• 2 weeks later...

I've never used any of the bidding sites to book hotels but I'm wondering if you can do this and be guaranteed you'd get two double beds at least since we're a family of 4. How do you go about bidding for a room like that? I'd hate to get something and then find out it's a king and a sleeper sofa as that won't work for us. Any info or help on how to use these sites would be helpful. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

All the times I've bid and won a hotel through Priceline, I've called the hotel afterward and they immediately had my booking number available. I then asked them for a room with two beds or a configuration that will sleep my husband and our daughter. I also told them I prefer No Smoking and let them know around which floor we would like to be on. So far, it's always worked out.

Recently, I booked the 4* Alexis Hotel in downtown Seattle through Priceline and called them after winning the bid with our room preference. No problem. I still plan to call them back closer to our stay just to confirm that we have two beds, etc.

Also, since we decided to stay an extra night in Seattle post-cruise and take the train home, I won another 4* hotel bid. This time it was for the Westin. When I called to let them know our room preference, they said we were booked for a Traditional King room which automatically comes with a double sofa bed. So, that takes care of where our daughter will sleep.:) And, we get a King sized bed! Yay! :D Oh, and I also specified that we would really like a "room with a view" on a higher floor. Not sure if that will happen or not...but we'll just have to wait and see.:p

Anyway, that's what Priceline recommends that you do after winning a bid and you need more than one bed, N/S, handicapped, etc.

I've never used any of the bidding sites to book hotels but I'm wondering if you can do this and be guaranteed you'd get two double beds at least since we're a family of 4. How do you go about bidding for a room like that? I'd hate to get something and then find out it's a king and a sleeper sofa as that won't work for us. Any info or help on how to use these sites would be helpful. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
HI All: Glad to hear their are people heading to Seattle to explore the area. I live in Seattle and may be able to help a bit. The area is one of the most beautiful IMO in this country (I moved here ten years ago) While staying in Seattle there is no need for a car you can walk just about everywhere and the busses have a "free zone". There is lots of shopping, and plenty of great restaurants. August is our nicest month but if someone was feeling up for an adventure I would recommend renting a car for a day and making the trip to Mount Rainier (about three hours) it is spectacular and definately worth a trip, even if you don't hike the trip itself is worth it. while in Seattle take a ferry ride over to Bainbridge Island (that is where I live) you can walk onto the ferry and then walk into town. There are lots of cute shops and a few wonderful restaurants. Or for the art people SAM (Seattle Art Museum) is one of the best in the country and reasonably priced, it is right downtown so you can shop. Also worth a look for you baseball fans is the Safco Field home of the Mariners, you can get tickets online and again can walk to it from most hotels or taxi, the prices for bleacher seats is reasonable.

Hopefully this gets you excited for your trip, honestly Seattle is very safe nad friendly, you'll enjoy your time. If you need any other information, just let me know and I'll try to answer.

Hi DST,

We'll be staying in Seattle before our Alaskan Cruise May 2006. What area should I be looking at to be near pier 30?....or is it smarter to stay near the airport and taxi to the pier?

Peggy

Archived