ATM denomination withdrawals

Bethany Beach

Every couple of years or so Wachovia sends me a letter saying they are doing me a favor and transitioning me to a combination Visa/ATM card. There's always some very small print somewhere in the letter that says if I call within a short period of time I can refuse this card and keep my ATM-only one. I always do it but you have to be vigilant or they change you over while you're not looking.

I've gotten 20s and 50s but make sure you check with your bank about the total amount you take out on a daily basis.

That reminds me of the time I had to "Ransom" my wife from a German Hospital. The ATM would not dispense more the 250 Euro in any transaction, regardless of how much I had in the account. I solved the problem by using a different ATM (same bank BTW) so I could get the 500 total I needed.

If the ATM rejects your withdrawal, reduce the amount and use another if you need more.

BTW, I recommend using a Credit Union for the account as most do not charge all the extra fees that banks or credit cards add.

Cheers

Archived