Pompeii, Sorrento & Capri

kesam

We are booked on the Pompeii, Sorrento & Caprii excursion out of Naples, in October, on the Ruby Princess.

Question, has anyone taken this Excursion? If so did you like it, was it worth it?

Thanks

Cyndi

The first time we sailed, we did not believe we would ever get back to Italy. We took the ship's tour, Pompeii, Sorrento, Capri. If you want to see as much as possible in one day and do not know whether you will ever get back, definitely take the tour. You will not remember how much you paid for it in a few years to come, but you will remember how perfect it was. Usually, the cruise line also takes you to the cameo place where they make and design cameos. It is walking distance near the entrance of pompeii. If you do not have a guide, buy the headsets that explain what you are looking for in pompeii.

The next time we sailed, we took the Pompeii and Amalfi Coast bus tour. It was also great. Sorrento is at the base of the Amalfi Coast although on this particular tour, you do not stop in Sorrento.

Hope this helps. I love the Amalfi Coast and will do it again this cruise on Celebrity Summit's Oct. 31, 2009 14 night cruise.

On our first Med. cruise in 2004 we took the Capri, Sorrento and Pompeii tour. Started off taking a boat to Capri, then a boat to Sorrento, where we had lunch. The last stop was at Pompeii. We loved the tour. It was a very long day though.

Julie

I did one that was Pompeii and Sorrento only and enjoyed it immensely. Gave me plenty of time to wander about and not breeze through any one place. If you want to see Capri, it is worth a special trip anyway.

My wife chose to do a day trip of Naples while I went on the other tour. She was not up to all the walking so she had passed on the hike around Pompeii.

We compared notes and pictures later over a drink on the balcony.:D

Cheers

All three in one day is a stretch. If you do not think you will ever get back then go for it. I think you can easily do Pompeii and Sorrento in one day. Capri is almost a whole day by itself. The last hydrofoils back leave about 5PM.

The first time we sailed, we did not believe we would ever get back to Italy. We took the ship's tour, Pompeii, Sorrento, Capri. If you want to see as much as possible in one day and do not know whether you will ever get back, definitely take the tour. You will not remember how much you paid for it in a few years to come, but you will remember how perfect it was. Usually, the cruise line also takes you to the cameo place where they make and design cameos. It is walking distance near the entrance of pompeii. If you do not have a guide, buy the headsets that explain what you are looking for in pompeii.

The next time we sailed, we took the Pompeii and Amalfi Coast bus tour. It was also great. Sorrento is at the base of the Amalfi Coast although on this particular tour, you do not stop in Sorrento.

Hope this helps. I love the Amalfi Coast and will do it again this cruise on Celebrity Summit's Oct. 31, 2009 14 night cruise.

Thank you so much for all your help, I think this is what we will do, we have now booked it through Princess...

Thanks again:)

Archived