Carnival Bread Pudding

tggs726

I was blown away on my recent Miracle cruise by the two bread puddings that were served for desert. One was a white chocolate whith almonds and the other i beleive was a bitter blanc or something like that. They were amazing and even better than the Grand Manier Souffle which has been my favorite for years. Anyone else share these thoughts? Do they have these on the entire fleet now?

Nice to know I'm not the only one still dreaming of the bread pudding - the white chocolate one was to die for.:D

YUM...making me hungry...now all these new desserts to try...love good bread pudding so will definately try some next Feb on the Spirit.

I like bread pudding with the whiskey sauce like an earlier poster who lives in New Orleans...Mimi's restaurant makes a good bread pudding with whiskey sauce.

Having grown up in New Orleans, I don't care for any of Carnival's versions of bread pudding. Give me some bread pudding with whiskey sauce any day!

I agree, Their versions are not really bread pudding. Being from Biloxi and New Orleans I know bread pudding when I see it.

Bitter and Blanc has been my favorite dessert for years and I got it the first time based on recommendation from the waiter. The description of the dessert in the menu doesn't describe it well at all and I thought I was getting "pudding". While I love the melting cake, the BB takes the top prize in my book!!

I was blown away on my recent Miracle cruise by the two bread puddings that were served for desert. One was a white chocolate whith almonds and the other i beleive was a bitter blanc or something like that. They were amazing and even better than the Grand Manier Souffle which has been my favorite for years. Anyone else share these thoughts? Do they have these on the entire fleet now?

You had to post that picture didn't you!:D My favorite dessert and I have to wait until October to get it again. Ain't even gonna attempt to make it myself.

Favorites in order:

Bitter n Blanc

Chocolate Melting Cake

Creme Brulee

Grand Marnier Souffle

Yum.

LOL Sorry Lisa :p Hey! we have the same favorites, in the same order. :)

After all the Bitter and Blanc talk I anxiously checked the menu every night on Elation... but either I needed my glasses or it wasn't offered!

Had the warm chocolate cake every night instead, with an extra scoop of vanilla ice cream. :)

while on a galley tour they were making the round cakes for birthdays. they are made from sheet cakes and cut the rounds out of them. the scraps are what is used in the bitter and blanc. it is not made from bread at all, but cake scraps. next time you have it, take a taste of the bit that sticks up at the top and you will see that yes, it is cake, not bread. it's my fav too!

smiles, bee

Archived