Sapphire Princess--what are you thoughts about this ship?

monakayk

I have booked the Oct.31st Mex-Riviera cruise on the Sapphire. I have previously cruised on the Golden and Crown and loved them both. From what I have seen online of photos of the Sapphire...she looks like a cross between the Golden and Crown.

Anyhow..those who have cruised on the Sapphire...can you share your thoughts on the ship? If you have a website where you can share photos..that would be great too.

Any info on the current menus, entertainment, Princess Patters would be appreciated as well.

BTW...we booked cabin E-405, so any photos of that cabin (or others that are like it) I would love to see also.

Thanks! ;)

Yes they are very similar.

My only complaint with the Sapphire/Diamond would be the 4 smaller themed anytime dining rooms.

We have had issues with long waits for seating here.

On the Sapphire/Diamond the traditional dining room is the normal size and all the way aft like the other Grand Class ships.

We have not been on the Sapphire for a few years, but we took a wonderful trip to Alaska on her in suite C750 -- on the stern… what a great place to stay – you might not know where you are going, but you always know where you have been. Larger balcolny’s back there too, and the sounds w/slight rocking puts you out like a light at night. I really liked the Sapphire – especially for a ‘larger’ ship. In favorites, I’d pick the Royal (740 passenger), Coral (all-time favorite with 1900 passengers) and the Sapphire. We’ve been on 3 other Princess ships to, so although we have not tried the all, we have sampled a few.

You’re gonna like the Sapphire if she is still as well crewed and clean as when we sailed! Enjoy!

We have been on both the Diamond and the Sapphire and as late as last January the Diamond was just as beautiful as the Sapphire. Very clean and tidy. Great staff.

Personally, I like the little bit of formality on the Princess ships.

I've been on both the Diamond and Sapphire, a total of five times between the two ships, and loved each trip. They don't have the new amenities that the Crown or Golden have (since the Golden's refurbishment), but they're wonderful ships in their own right. I'm sure you'll love the Sapphire--I'll be on her again 10/9.

doodie:)

My 4 favorite ships in order all with an excellent passenger to space ratio and a passenger to crew ratio.

Island/Coral have been on both more then once will be on the Island again, little over two weeks.:D

Sapphire/Diamond have been on both. Sapphire in April (last one to Mexico). Excellent food and service and entertainment but this seems to be the norm on these four ships.:D

Jack

for the well educated

Can someone tell me more about the 'Anytime Dining' rooms? If there are 4...do they all serve the same thing as the Traditional dining room?

Also, what type of entertainment was there?

It looks like it only has the Horizon Court Buffet? Or is there the Caribe on it also?

Can someone tell me more about the 'Anytime Dining' rooms? If there are 4...do they all serve the same thing as the Traditional dining room?

Also, what type of entertainment was there?

It looks like it only has the Horizon Court Buffet? Or is there the Caribe on it also?

Yes, the AD rooms serve the same thing as the TD room. The AD rooms offer one dish each night fitting the theme of the room but you can order that dish in any of the other dining rooms. The Horizon Court has the only buffet.

The entertainment is good with Vegas type shows called "Piano Man", "Do You Wanna Dance?" and "I Got The Music". There are also a couple of comics named Steve Moris and Kevin Jordan.

The current CD and staff, Maitre d'Hotel and Executive Chef team are just exceptional. We had so much fun in June that we're specifically doing an MR just to hang out with them again. Despite very full ships, we didn't have substantial waits for Anytime Dining regardless of our arrival times.

We were very happy on the Sapphire. We loved being able to get dressed up for a different dining experience nearly every night. Paula in Vivaldi was our favorite table. We also loved the special menu items offered in Pacific Moon. We loved the thermal spa. There was always someplace to go that was quiet and relaxing. We are hoping to like the Ruby as much.

You will be happy with the Sapphire.

We were on the Sapphire in Jan. to Mexico. Wonderful ship, great food, excellent food. The only thing I didn't like was that the entertainment venues were too small.

How was the weather and the seas? We are looking to go next Jan but are a little concerned about storms and a bumpy ride down...

Katherine

The entertainment is good with Vegas type shows called "Piano Man", "Do You Wanna Dance?" and "I Got The Music". There are also a couple of comics named Steve Moris and Kevin Jordan.

I'm presuming Piano Man is Billy Joel themed. Are one of the other two based on Broadway?

The current CD and staff, Maitre d'Hotel and Executive Chef team are just exceptional. We had so much fun in June that we're specifically doing an MR just to hang out with them again. Despite very full ships, we didn't have substantial waits for Anytime Dining regardless of our arrival times.

Can you tell me about the current musician in the piano bar on the Sapphire? We leave on 8/15 for the southbound inside passage cruise.

Piano Man is a few famous piano players. They do Elton John, Billy Joel, Barry Manilow and Liberace it's a great show. The sapphire is a great ship and Mona you will love it. We will be on the ship those weeks also. I would recommend Sabatinis and the Chefs table.

We've sailed Sapphire twice and really like the ship quite a lot.

We have a ton of pictures in our Webshots albums:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/572216802wQzvWC

These pix are amazing!!! Thank you so much. The ship looks so beautiful inside -- really classy.

One question -- your signature says Modified Mexican Riviera. Was your itin changed because of the Swine flu still??

Thanks! Katherine

Thanks Everyone for all the additional comments and info. Loved the webshots photo album of the Sapphire. She is indeed a beautiful ship...I know the DH and I will enjoy our time on her.

Devil Dog,

I joined your roll call....looking forward in meeting you on board and getting to know you better in the roll call.

We were very happy on the Sapphire. We loved being able to get dressed up for a different dining experience nearly every night. Paula in Vivaldi was our favorite table. We also loved the special menu items offered in Pacific Moon. We loved the thermal spa. There was always someplace to go that was quiet and relaxing. We are hoping to like the Ruby as much.

You will be happy with the Sapphire.

Seadeck,

You mentioned the special menu items in the AD so I was wondering what they might be? Say for example in the Pacific Moon..I would assume those might be Asian dishes?

Also, can you remember if they serve Beef Wellington and Escargot on one of the formal nights? Last year on the Crown...I had to request the Escargot cause it was not on the menu, which is no problem. I can do that again...just wondered if it is on the menu now.

Also, by chance did you do the Afternoon Tea? If so can you tell me what was serviced and if any music (exp.: Piano) was played?

Thanks!

We were on the Sapphire in Jan. to Mexico. Wonderful ship, great food, excellent food. The only thing I didn't like was that the entertainment venues were too small.

Rockymountainsparky,

Which entertainment venues were small to you? Are they not the same size as on the Crown or Golden Princess? :confused:

Thank you so much for those extensive pictures. They really gave me a great sense of what our cruise will be like in October.

Thanks!

These pix are amazing!!! Thank you so much. The ship looks so beautiful inside -- really classy.

One question -- your signature says Modified Mexican Riviera. Was your itin changed because of the Swine flu still??

Thanks! Katherine

Thanks! Ours was the 1st cruise that was affected. We were just about to Puerto Vallarta when they turned the ship around. We went to San Diego and Catalina (we jokingly called it the California Riviera cruise).

We still had an absolutely great time.

Seadeck,

You mentioned the special menu items in the AD so I was wondering what they might be? Say for example in the Pacific Moon..I would assume those might be Asian dishes?

Also, can you remember if they serve Beef Wellington and Escargot on one of the formal nights? Last year on the Crown...I had to request the Escargot cause it was not on the menu, which is no problem. I can do that again...just wondered if it is on the menu now.

Also, by chance did you do the Afternoon Tea? If so can you tell me what was serviced and if any music (exp.: Piano) was played?

Thanks!

We were on the Sapphire from 7/4/09 to 7/18/09. It was a wonderful ship!

I do remember Beef Wellington being served but do not remember Escargot at all. We thought the food on board was very good. Each of the AD restaurants had there special dish. The Pacific Moon was stir fry and Santa Fe was fajitas, which were a little spicy. They will also serve you a small helping of the fetticini with your meal which was delicious. We did eat at Vidaldi but do not remember there specialty. The Sterling Steak House was also delicious!

Afternoon tea was served in the Pacific Moon and we were served hot tea, finger sandwiches and petite desserts. And yes there was piano music being played. All servers wore white gloves and were in their finery.

Archived