Excursion for grandma....help!?

MamaParrotHead

My 81 year old grandma has recently decided to join us on our cruise and I'm THRILLED! Months of trying to convince her have paid off. :D The problem is that she doesn't swim (and we have some excursions that include snorkeling at almost every port). I'm not sure if I can convince her to just come along for the ride (and stay on the dive boat or the beach with a book or a camera). If not, can someone suggest any excursions/tours through the ship that she might enjoy, even solo? She gets around great, still works full time, actually. Although a long hike in the buggy wilderness might not be her idea of a good time. :D

Thanks!

I hit you on the Belize board, but will chime in here as well. Looks like you're getting to Roatan around Thanksgiving time. If that's correct, then you'll be up at the new digs in Mahogany Bay. If you were down in Coxen Hole, I'd recommend she just go over to Fin and Flippers as they have gardens and animals to see and shaded areas to sit in. Plus is is relatively inexpensive. Not sure what a cab ride there would cost, it's only about 3 miles away from the pier. There could well be places at the new pier for her to wander around at. If you're booking an island tour with Victor, he may have some ideas for her.

Archived