Common Price Drop Dates?

Tazzycat

Please educate me on this: Does Carnival drop the cabin prices, if they need to fill more beds, at specific intervals, for example, 120 days before sailing, 90, 60, 30 days out?

I am wondering because I am getting the military rate, which is not shown on the website, nor on the websites of the large majority of online cruise-selling sites. I would like to know when to phone Carnival to ask them to check the price I booked, and see if it dropped.

First determining this with military rate is not always easy, I usually just watch the basic rates and assume the military rate drops or rises accordingly and this has worked in the past, but also I have found that one time when the rate dropped I called and they told me the Military rate was no longer available so no price drop as my military rate was already lower.

I would check on line to see the pricing of the other rooms. If you see a drop there then I would call them. They might not drop the rate of the Military pricing but they might drop the other rates low enough for you to switch. Either way a phone call will only take your time and nothing else to verify pricing. :)

There are TA online sites that show Military, why not check one of them yourself to monitor.

You should also be able to see the trend if prices are going up or down. I am not seeing any price drops to speak of on my cruises. Only on one that the TA wouldnt give me the price reduction. Some of my further out dates, the prices seem set in cement and never change. I think around final payment date you probably see some reductions if the cruise isnt selling well.

does CCL have a military code we can use to determine

the rate amount..

if they have nt done it in the past..perhap s they re doing it now..

i ve also noticed that NCL is really scaling back on the discounts for

the vets..

does CCL have a military code we can use to determine

the rate amount..

if they have nt done it in the past..perhap s they re doing it now..

i ve also noticed that NCL is really scaling back on the discounts for

the vets..

The code for Military discount is: MP2 However, it usually does not work if you put it in yourself. The easiest way to find the current military rate is on another site (three words, and you have "to go" there). The site advertises here so I do not see the problem in naming them. Go figure. All special rates are capacity controlled, only so many per cruise.

Archived