Showers in the Spa???

On most ships, you can just walk into the locker room area for the spa and use the shower. However, they aren't any bigger than the ones in the basic cabins. Were they special on Carnival? :)

I also used the showers in the spa when my daughter and I cruised on Carnival quite a few years ago. I went to the spa and used the sauna and steam room and then showered there to get ready for dinner and she had the cabin to herself for awhile. It worked out great! And yes! They were special! Very large and were stocked with shower gel and shampoo.

We are cruising the end of Aug. on RCCL and I was planning on doing the same thing... I was hoping the arrangement was the same as Carnival also.

On most ships, you can just walk into the locker room area for the spa and use the shower. However, they aren't any bigger than the ones in the basic cabins. Were they special on Carnival? :)

The Spa showers on the Mariner and the Freedom are way bigger than the cabin shower. You can go to the fitness center work out and use the showers;sauna;etc. or just go in and shower.:D:D:D

Please forgive my ignorance. Is there some kind of hidden meaning behind "use the shower in the spa"? I do not understand. The stateroom is a 5-10 minute walk and offers privacy and less risk of foreign bacterial contagens

I LOVED the showers! They were bigger than the ones I have at home! Towels were even available! It was super! I don't know what I'm going to do with one shower for 4 people! :eek:

In addition to the awesome showers, I blew a fuse in my stateroom with my blow dryer (NEVER happend before!!!) a hour before formal dinner! I went up to the Salon and asked them to use an outlet. They gave me my own area and let me do my hair. I might "blow a fuse" again to be able to do my hair with lots of space ;)

Dh and I usually shower in the locker room too. It allows us more space to get ready in our cabin (he's dressed by the time I come back) and keeps the room from getting hot/steamy. I've walked down the hall many a time in my RCCL robe w/my hair up in a towel. It's more coverage than a bathing suit - LOL

Please forgive my ignorance. Is there some kind of hidden meaning behind "use the shower in the spa"? I do not understand. The stateroom is a 5-10 minute walk and offers privacy and less risk of foreign bacterial contagens

There's NO "hidden meaning" here... some of us who use the fitness center and spa prefer to shower and steam after a workout. The OP is asking if these facilities might be available to use, perhaps to help alleviate "cabin congestion" (ie: 3-4 people trying to shower/dress in a small cabin).

Actually the showers are bigger and makes it much easier especially on the ships that still have shower curtains.

I was recently on Carnival and I found out that if you went to the Spa and asked nicely, you could use their showers free of charge. I wanted to know if this "secret" exists on RCCL.

On RCCL you don't have to ask anybody. Just get your stuff and go shower. Much more room, bigger showers, bigger mirrors, and all the towels you need.

Archived