Number of formal nights

cruzadict

Just received our tickets for our Silver Wind B2B leaving 7th August but they do not state how many formal, informal and casual nights. Can anyone let me know how many of each are on a 7 night cruise. The only thing that they state is that casual is open neck shirt and slacks for men or "similar sports attire". When we were on the Cloud 18months ago shorts were not allowed in the bar after 6pm. I do hope that they haven't relented on this. Even on casual nights and deck BBQ nights. everyone was very smartly dressed.

Here is what is posted on the Silversea website section, titled "before you sail" under

the clothing suggestions link:

Sailings of eight days or less typically feature two formal nights, whilst longer voyages usually have three or four formal nights. Details will be provided in the Port and Shore Excursion booklet in your final cruise documents.

For specific clothing guidance on your sailing, suggest you send an email to:

Informationdesk@silverseacruises.com

When we sailed SilverSeas several years ago, men were required to wear jackets everyday after 6 pm. They would not be served in a bar or restaurant without their jacket on. The ship was very warm which made all of the men uncomfortable every evening. For that reason, this was our first and last SilverSeas cruise. It appears this rule has changed. Am I correct?

When we sailed SilverSeas several years ago, men were required to wear jackets everyday after 6 pm. They would not be served in a bar or restaurant without their jacket on. The ship was very warm which made all of the men uncomfortable every evening. For that reason, this was our first and last SilverSeas cruise. It appears this rule has changed. Am I correct?

I don't recall a requirement to wear jackets in public areas (other than dining venues) after 6PM. I've seen folks who have dined in their room join the crowd at the bar and the guys weren't wearing jackets.

I think the atmosphere in general has relaxed quite a bit in the past couple of years. You will definitely see men without jackets on casual nights and even on informal nights of they have dined at La Terrazza.

Thanks for the confirmation. We sailed with them several years ago in the Caribbean. It was so hot in the lounge, my husband took his suit jacket off. The server refused to give him his drink until he put it back on. This happened numerous times during the trip. Finally we had a mutiny and every man in the lounge removed their jacket. That was the only negative of our trip. We will now try them again.

Archived