Fun Zone

Millygirl

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the fun zone is a place you can take your kids to play. Or, is it strictly for kids enrolled in the kid's program. We are thinking of booking Crown Princess next year with my sister who has 2 toddlers. She is not going to be leaving them with the kids club. So, just curious if this is considered a play area for all kids. Thanks!

If the kids are under 3 or not potty trained they can only use the fun zone if they are with a parent/guardian. You could only take them during the open hours, usually 9 to 12 noon, 2 to 5 and 7 to 9 PM. There is no babysitting for kids under 3 on Princess ships so there is little time for "kid free" adult activities. My grandchildren, 5 and 8 when they first sailed and 9 and 12 now, love the fun zone and are there whenever the area is open. When we went to Alaska they didn't even miss going swimming as long as the kids area was open.

If they are over three and are potty trained, I would suggest your sister register them for the kids' program (the first night). She will get a day-by-day listing for the program and can drop them off whenever she wants to while it's open (they don't even have to show up every day).

I'm guessing that these kids don't fall into this group, and your sister should probably talk to the counselors (there may be an open house of sorts the first afternoon) ahead of time and find out how they run things. There may be certain times that they would prefer the really young kids not to show up when there's specific activities going on.

Archived