table for two

Proudmom1120

I am booked on the fascination. Presently, I know the fascination does not have anytime dining. By the time I go on my cruise, they should have it, though. As for my question, what is my best chance in getting a table for two? Is it anytime dining or traditional? Its not that I don't want to be social with others. I just want a romantic vacation with my husband.

I am booked on the fascination. Presently, I know the fascination does not have anytime dining. By the time I go on my cruise, they should have it, though. As for my question, what is my best chance in getting a table for two? Is it anytime dining or traditional? Its not that I don't want to be social with others. I just want a romantic vacation with my husband.

It is my understanding that you will always be able to get a table for 2 with anytime - you may have to wait a bit though.

If you try the anytime dining, just go on off peak hours. We could get a deuce if we were there before 6;30 or after 8:30. or just go where you want and get a buzzer, and have a romantic drink and nice conversation until your table is ready. You can always call down ahead and see how long the wait is.:)

My husband and I got a table for 2 on our Valor cruise (didn't want the small table by the way). As far as it being "intimate", it was in an aisleway between two rows of square 8 top tables. We were always kind of in the way. We were alone, but I don't know how intimate it was.

There are 22 other hours to be "romantic"! And, the larger tables have more fun!

Not to be anti-social but, after several bad experiences with larger tables we prefer a table for 2 unless traveling with friends. Having dinner with 2,4,6 or 8 of your new best friends who you have nothing in common with can really ruin a nice dinner. I know some will flame me but we had 3 consecutive cruises with weird tablemates a few years back.

We, too, like to have a table for two. It's more romantic for us that way.

I would suggest that, as soon as you board the ship, find out where the Maitre' D will be set up. Ask him if you can get a table for two. You MAY end up changing diningrooms or dinner times in order to get it though.

We've never had a problem getting one, especially since becoming Platinum Members. I guess the platinum card does have its priviledges!

:cool:Bill

Not to be anti-social but, after several bad experiences with larger tables we prefer a table for 2 unless traveling with friends. Having dinner with 2,4,6 or 8 of your new best friends who you have nothing in common with can really ruin a nice dinner. I know some will flame me but we had 3 consecutive cruises with weird tablemates a few years back.

I agree. we've had our dinners ruined by tablemates who complain, treat the waitstaff poorly, & before the days of auto tip, didn't show up the last night to tip. Ruins our experience.

There are 22 other hours to be "romantic"! And, the larger tables have more fun!

I think some of you don't realise that some of us would rather have major dental surgery than be forced into social situations with strangers when all we want to do is eat. On our recent Splendor cruise I was quite prepared to eat at the Lido buffet every night if we hadn't been lucky enough to get a 2 seater.

To the OP - When we went on Elation with anytime dining we walked right in to a 2 seater every night without any wait and there were always heaps of them spare too. Just don't go at the start of either of the assigned seating times and you'll be sweet.

I think some of you don't realise that some of us would rather have major dental surgery than be forced into social situations with strangers when all we want to do is eat. On our recent Splendor cruise I was quite prepared to eat at the Lido buffet every night if we hadn't been lucky enough to get a 2 seater.

I feel the same way! We should share a table! :D

I talked to some gentleman at Carnival about this since I would like a table for two on our next cruise. He said on the first day of the cruise head down to the dining room around 1:30, find the maitre d, and ask very nicely if you could be seated at a table for 2.

Now... I wonder if it's pushing it if I ask for a table for 2 by a window?! Maybe if I show some cleavage!! :p

Most of our "table for two experiences" meant sitting at a small table that was set up between the tables along the windows and the row of tables/booths across from these. They were small, but roomy enough for two people to eat comfortably.

Most of our "table for two experiences" meant sitting at a small table that was set up between the tables along the windows and the row of tables/booths across from these. They were small, but roomy enough for two people to eat comfortably.

That's exactly what I was taking about. I felt in the way.

I completely agree. We are by no means antisocial, however, we have always seemed to be teamed up with strange people with whom we have nothing in common. I don't mind dining with people as long as I can choose those people, otherwise, we like to eat alone.

Just off the Pride this morning. We were waitlisted for "anytime dining" and ended up with late seating. Upon boarding, we went directly to the maitre'd and asked the size of our table. When finding out it was a table for 8, we asked to be changed to a table for 2. Within a few hours we had a confirmation in our cabin. No problem and no bribe to the maitre'd which I have heard of some doing.

Does anyone know for sure if the Fascination even has tables for two? Looking at the dining room layout and list of tables and sizes, I see a few with seating for 4 but none for two.

The Forward Dining Room list seating capacity at 626 including:

2 booths for 4

6 tables for 6

26 tables for 6

22 window tables for 8

26 tables for 10

The Aft Dining Room list seating capacity of 626 including:

15 booths for 4

2 tables for 4

2 tables for 8

4 tables for 6

26 booths for 6

24 windows tables for 8

18 tables for 10 (including captains table)

Archived