Mariner cruise review 7/15-7/22

Lsb58

We have been on Regent several times and like coffee when we wake up. If we want coffee when we wake up, no matter how early, we called room service and got it within a few minutes. Does room service no longer do this?

Lucca: the fault lies with us, not with Regent. We didn't think beyond what we read on the room service breakfast request card. In retrospect, I feel pretty dumb about it! All indications are we only had to ask for it and we would have received it. That said, the coffee from the monster coffee machine was better, so it was worth the tromp down to the 6th floor. I would have had to get dressed to open the door to room service anyway!;)

I think I will definitely cancel float plane and copter excursions-- not my cup of tea, and should have acknowledged it from the start. Simply too scared when things are bumpy and shaky.

Poss, for what it's worth, our seaplane flight and helicopter flight were far smoother and less shaky than any bus or train ride -- and certainly less than on any boat excursion! The helicopter ride was extremely smooth, with no bumping or shaking whatsoever. And taking off and landing in the seaplane was incredibly smooth, more than I would have imagined watching them from a distance. Of course, weather conditions can affect these things, but I just wanted to plant the opposing thought it your mind if you were still deliberating. The helicopter flight was definitely one of the highlights of our trip.

-- Eric

Archived