You guys look like fun, knowledgeable people--could use your help!

Jeafl

Congratulations!!!!!! I hope you can get the cabins you need. DH and I just did many of those ports on the Freedom in May. We would gladly go back and do that same schedule again - and do different activities!!!

Have you been to St. John? The National Park is beautiful and so are the beaches and might be something different to do.

Good Luck:)

We are taking a cruise next June with extended family, 9 people all together. They range in age from my parents (mid 60's) to my kids, (all teenagers). Also my sister and brother in law, (late 40's) as well as my husband and I (very, VERY young 40's) :)

I am trying to book this catastrophe in the making, and I cannot make a decision on which cruise to save my soul. I thought I could solicit some opinions from you guys!

Here are the choices we narrowed it down to. All mid-June 2010.

Victory--southern caribbean, 7 ports in 7 days, no days at sea

Splendor--Mexican Riviera, 3 ports, 3 days at sea

Liberty--4 ports, 2 days at sea

Here is the problem. My parents just did the Mexican Riviera last September. They said they would go again if that's what everyone else wants to do, but they would prefer not to if given the choice. My sister is concerned about it being hurricane season in the caribbean, so she wants to do the Mexican Riviera to avoid being swept overboard by a hurricane. (insert rolling eyes here...)

My husband isn't sure about the Victory because there are no days at sea, and he likes days at sea. I told him that no one will hold a gun to his head and make him get off the ship in every port, but he said there will probably be no activities on board since everyone else will be in port. And besides, he likes the ports (WTH??)

My kids don't care where we go as long as there is at least one zip lining excursion in some port.

At this point, I don't care which cruise we take. I just don't want to hear about it if someone is unhappy. Of course they left the decision "totally up to me".

Does anyone care to try and make sense of this mess and help me out??

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO Jeafl: You should go on a cruise that you haven't been on before. I happen to like sea days myself and so does my wife. However, we don't mind a lack of sea days to sea things we haven't been to before.

The answer is there is no right answer. Regardless of what you choose someone will probably be unhappy. If they left the decision up to you then no one should have any complaints. However, we both know this is a fantasy.

No one is required to get off anyplace and there will be food on the ship, there will be some sort of activity. Even if all you do is sit by the pool they will probably have a hairy chest or leg contest, a diving contest, or an ice carving demonstration. Port days are also when they have spa specials. On port days unless you go on a shore excursion you are mostly on your own anyway. Choose wisely.

We are taking a cruise next June with extended family, 9 people all together. They range in age from my parents (mid 60's) to my kids, (all teenagers). Also my sister and brother in law, (late 40's) as well as my husband and I (very, VERY young 40's) :)

I am trying to book this catastrophe in the making, and I cannot make a decision on which cruise to save my soul. I thought I could solicit some opinions from you guys!

Here are the choices we narrowed it down to. All mid-June 2010.

Victory--southern caribbean, 7 ports in 7 days, no days at sea

Splendor--Mexican Riviera, 3 ports, 3 days at sea

Liberty--4 ports, 2 days at sea

Here is the problem. My parents just did the Mexican Riviera last September. They said they would go again if that's what everyone else wants to do, but they would prefer not to if given the choice. My sister is concerned about it being hurricane season in the caribbean, so she wants to do the Mexican Riviera to avoid being swept overboard by a hurricane. (insert rolling eyes here...)

My husband isn't sure about the Victory because there are no days at sea, and he likes days at sea. I told him that no one will hold a gun to his head and make him get off the ship in every port, but he said there will probably be no activities on board since everyone else will be in port. And besides, he likes the ports (WTH??)

My kids don't care where we go as long as there is at least one zip lining excursion in some port.

At this point, I don't care which cruise we take. I just don't want to hear about it if someone is unhappy. Of course they left the decision "totally up to me".

Does anyone care to try and make sense of this mess and help me out??

Put the ship names in a hat, draw out the winner.

I sailed on the June 28th sailing of the Victory and loved the cruise so much I am going back next year. This summer was my second time sailing the Southern Caribbean. I enjoy being active and there is so much to see and do. And if you want some quiet time you can pick a day or two and just stay on board. Hurricane season was not an issue during my cruise.

Dominica is a beautiful island and I have done the Dominica's Favorites and River Tubing excursions. The river tubing was an absolute blast. The Five Star Caramaran and turtle swim on Barbados was the best snorkeling excursion that I have done to date. If you are game for zip lining, the zip line tour on St Kitts is by far the best one I have done of the four islands that I have zipped on. The equipment is top notch and it would be hard for me to go back to the older style of equipment. Antigua has the most incredible water. Anytime I go to Antigua I have to pick some type of water activity.

As you can tell, I am a big fan of the Caribbean ports, particularly the Southern ones.

You've got too many choices. If you can eliminate one then you can have a vote, majority rules. Sounds too simple. Good luck

What I would do is choose the one I want, book that cruise and tell everyone if they want to join me come ooooon down. If they want to go somewhere else, that is their choice.

This has my vote! I was trying to coordinate a cruise for close to 20 women and the hair on my head was getting patchier and patchier! LOL!! This one didn't want Mex Riviera, that one had already been to Belize and didn't want to go again......on and on. I finally picked the Mexican Riviera cruise and said the above. We ended up with 14 (one room short of a group cruise, boo-hoo) who REALLY want to go on the cruise and we're gonna have a blast.

Good luck - I know what you're going through!!:o

Archived