First Night Attire for MDR

This may be a silly question, but would I be okay with jeans and a t shirt for the first night dinner in the MDR? I read on another board that people usually wear what they board the ship with.

How abou a pair of capri's or casual skrit, sundress

I really can't remember seeing many people wearing jeans in the MDR but there were a few.

But you can wear anything you want

enjoy your cruise!!!!

On our very first cruise (Explorer, 2002) we ended up going to our second-seating dinner in the same casual clothes we had been wearing all day long. And we worked up quite a sweat during muster on a steamy hot Miami afternoon. Of course we were able to shower before dinner, but what we really wanted was a change of clothes, packed away in luggage.

We were concerned about what happened to our luggage (no, we weren't smuggling, and didn't have to go to the naughty place). It finally arrived while we were at dinner.

We learned a valuable lesson about what to include in our carry-on.

On subsequent cruises, luggage delivery was much faster, but now we are always prepared for the worst.

Our experience has been that most anything goes on first night as a lot of foks luggage has not be been delivered or is in the naughty room;). If you are wearing swimwear when you board the first day, you may want to try to keep an extra set of clothes in your carryon to change into prior to entering the MDR or WJ for dinner.

Enjoy your cruise and welcome to CC.

Thanks so much for all the info. I am a TA and am recommending clients sign up on cruise critic to get all the insider tips!

Mike- thanks for the welcome. I love it on here. Everyone is so knowledgeable and helpful!

First cruise in 22 days...woot woot!

This may be a silly question, but would I be okay with jeans and a t shirt for the first night dinner in the MDR? I read on another board that people usually wear what they board the ship with.

NO!! God Forbid!! Wear shorts! It's still summer ya know! ;)

Archived